Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jul 22, 2019.
The 100 Best Movies of the 2010s | IndieWire
Might as well start compiling them
We have over five months of the year left. They are inevitably going to regret leaving something off.
I am surprised how many of the films I have never heard of, especially since I usually try to see everything on the IndieWire yearly lists.
Not all the films would make my top 100, but here are the ones that are the biggest offenders:
1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. Black Panther
6. La La Land
7. Star Wars
8. Beasts of the Southern Wild
9. We Need To Talk About Kevin
10. The Great Gatsby
I am really glad they put Girl Walk//All Day on there. As for my own list, I doubt anything will come out in the next few months that can climb over The Tree of Life. That is one of the greatest films ever made. The Master will rank very highly, as will Goodbye to Language and Certified Copy.
Zero Dark Thirty was not good
This list really makes me really miss Karagarga.
Awesome to see Hereditary, Get Out, and The Babadook on there. Personally also glad Inherent Vice made the cut, even at #100, and also The Grand Budapest Hotel. Loved seeing Phantom Thread so high on the list too (#20). The top ten is incredibly solid, although The Master should be in the top three imo as opposed to #8. Can't argue with putting Moonlight at #1 though, solid choice to top any Best of the '10s list.
I was screaming when I saw Tangerine listed, and fairly high!!!!
Carol is my favorite movie of the decade.
a lot of stuff on here ive never seen or heard of, excited to check them out. Burning at 22 is well deserved
also the wailing not being on here is a crime
A lot of my favorites, understandably, aren't on there. There's a ton on that list I haven't seen.
Inception absolutely deserves to be on there imo.
Absolutely. It’s a masterpiece of visual effects and is one of the decade’s best blockbusters.
Inception's visual effects are its only saving grace in my opinion. I'd rank it as Nolan's worst, personally.
The biggest omission is either Another Year or Jauja. Jauja is probably too weird and bizarre for the current Indiewire group, but Another Year is a great drama about the passage of time and creeping loneliness and feelings that your life is on the decline.
The Florida Project too. Queen of Earth, Anomalisa, Edge of Seventeen, The Kid With a Bike
I posted a similar list a couple weeks back, only mine is top 30
Top 30 Films of the 2010’s (so far)
Per Letterboxd, I’ve given perfect ratings to:
Call Me By Your Name
Tree of Life
Act of Killing
This is Not a Film
Jackass 3 and Macgruber are also overlooked
The A.V. Club's guide to the best of the 2010s
AV Club's list. I know it was posted before but I couldn't find this thread.
Should we make another one for personal rankings? Do an aggregate? I don't wanna be in charge
One thread is easier.
The Tree of Life
This is Not a Film
The Act of Killing
The Edge of Seventeen
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Florida Project
Inside Llewyn Davis
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Everybody Wants Some
The Wolf of Wall Street
Call Me By Your Name
Minding the Gap
The Kid With a Bike
Queen of Earth
Here's 30. I'm still missing the Irishman and Parasite, which could bump a few off. And all the others that I've missed throughout the decade.
Unless there is something late this year, The Tree of Life will be number one. Tabu is a close second. Zama, The Master, Boyhood, The Turin Horse, Certified Copy, The Act of Killing, Manchester by the Sea, and Jauja would probably make up a top ten.
Nathan for You is my choice for TV show of the decade
I'm working on a list of 100 but I don't wanna post that here rn and clog the thread, so here is my tentative top 30
1. House of Tolerance (Betrand Bonello, 2011)
2. The Day After (Hong Sang-soo, 2017)
3. An Elephant Sitting Still (Hu Bo, 2018)
4. A Lullaby to the Sorrowful Mystery (Lav Diaz, 2016)
5. Two Days, One Night (Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, 2014)
6. Cosmopolis (David Cronenberg, 2012)
7. Daguerreotype (Kiyoshi Kurosawa, 2016)
8. Jeannette: The Childhood of Joan of Arc (Bruno Dumont, 2017)
9. Milla (Valerie Massadian, 2017)
10. Certified Copy (Abbas Kiarostami, 2010)
11. The Dreamed Path (Angela Schanelec, 2016)
12. Liberte (Albert Serra, 2019)
13. Vitalina Varela (Pedro Costa, 2019)
14. Hotel by the River (Hong Sang-soo, 2018)
15. Martin Eden (Pietro Marcello, 2019)
16. Stranger by the Lake (Alain Guiraudie, 2013)
17. Knight of Cups (Terrence Malick, 2015)
18. Personal Shopper (Olivier Assayas, 2016)
19. Transit (Christian Petzold, 2018)
20. Right Now, Wrong Then (Hong Sang-soo, 2015)
21. The Tree of Life (Terrence Malick, 2011)
22. Carol (Todd Haynes, 2015)
23. If Beale Street Could Talk (Barry Jenkins, 2018)
24. The Halt (Lav Diaz, 2019)
25. The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2012)
26. The House that Jack Built (Lars Von Trier, 2018)
27. The Kindergarten Teacher (Nadav Lapid, 2014)
28. Phoenix (Christian Petzold, 2014)
29. High Life (Claire Denis, 2018)
30. La flor (Mariano Llinas, 2018)