Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Best Musical Moments of 2016 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Dec 16, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I've never had problems with going to shows alone but the one time I went to the movie theater (for TLOP premier) the dude behind me loudly laughed and said "damn he doesn't have any friends" so that got me pretty conscious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. George

Trusted Prestigious

The only bummer thing about going to shows alone is like the down time behind bands, where you kind of stand around like a lemon. But yeah, I do it quite a bit.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Sorry people are the worst

ComedownMachine likes this.
  4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah this is the only downside for me.

5. EarthShifts

Trusted

Seeing Bruce with my parents. My Mom is a huge Springsteen fan so it was special to finally get to see him together.

Seeing Kevin Devine play a secret solo show at the spotify office in Boston for 50 people, and then seeing him play full band for a lot more about a month later. I've been seeing Kevin play for over 11 years now, and have even got open for him a couple times. His music means so much to me. I hadn't seen him play solo in a few years so it was great to see him shine in that setting again, while pulling out some great covers. Then his full band show in Boston was just so so good. I've never seen him that locked in. He had me in tears a few times.

Pinegrove. They really hit me this year and I got to see them 3 times. There is something so genuine and pure about their music, it's inspiring. I was having a bit of a tough time at the beginning of the year and that record was just there for me. One night I was listening to them and a friend I hadn't really talked to in a bit sent me "Old Friends" at the same time. It felt like more than a coincidence and was a real pivot point for me.

Seeing The Sidekicks pull off a great cover of Kiss by Prince the same night that he died.

Walking through downtown Boston when Anesthetic by Into It Over It came on. Made me feel weightless.

Seeing Walk the Moon the day after the election. I was in Austin for the week for a conference, and that whole day was just weird. I was so angry and sad, and being there felt incredibly lonely. The conference had got Walk the Moon to play, and normally I never would have seen them live, but I decided to just embrace it. The negativity was strong that day, but I needed to just let loose and have fun so I just had some beers, got up front, high fives some people, and just let myself experience it.

6. cherrywaves

Trusted

Walking home from downtown Boston at 2:00am listening to Blonde was a pretty good one

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

perhaps one of the most important things I experienced was helping the lead singer/songwriter of a certain band acquire drugs when they played here and having a lengthy conversation with him about our addictions before the show. he was so kind and loving and just being able to talk to him like that after loving his music for years helped a lot. I wound up starting a rehab program just a few weeks after that

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Can I say anytime I've listened to Cardinal?

Seeing them live was fantastic, I almost didn't go because I got back that same day from a trip and was running on like 4 hours of sleep but I toughed it out and had a ton of fun. Evan had pine needles in his hair and kept chewing on them between songs, calling it a "coniferous snack"

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Shaking hands with The Boss when he walked by during "Hungry Heart" in Louisville.