Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Best Friends (Gary Fong, 2017)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Nyquist, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

'The Room' Director Tommy Wiseau and Star Greg Sestero Reunite for New Movie (Exclusive)

Get hyped, y'all.

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

So I am convinced Gary Fong is not real, and is some kind of alias. That's the only way this movie makes sense to me lol.

3. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Man I absolutely love the room but I'm not sure that kind of experience can be recreated once the creators are in on the joke. I'm cautiously excited for sure though.

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'm so perplexed that Gary Fong directed this...I'm familiar with his photography equipment....how he got hooked up with Tommy W is just.....wtf

5. Nyquist Oct 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2016)
    Nyquist

That's one of the many aspects I'm interested to read about as this continues to unravel. I also agree with the comment about cautious excitement due to basically anything involving Wiseau's collaborations with Tim and Eric and also The House That Drips Blood on Alex. I often fear some of it is simply meant to mock Tommy without his knowledge of what is actually going on around him. It's one of the reasons I enjoy the screenings of The Room. While fans know inherently that it's terrible and it's still kind of up in the air as to whether or not Tommy really gets that, everyone in that room also genuinely loves Tommy Wiseau.

Edit: I actually think The Neighbors is the closest Tommy Wiseau work we will get to The Room and it's far less popular. Reason I say this is that he conceptualized this project over seven years ago when The Room was really still gaining traction so it feels a little closer to who he is.

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

^I agree with you, but The Neighbors is also really hard to watch. One of the things I'm most interested in about this new movie is how Tommy does not seem involved in the production at all aside from acting in it.

Nyquist likes this.
  7. gary fong

8. Nyquist

^ This is awesome.

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

10. gary fong

11. Nyquist

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I'm so excited for this

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Releasing in two parts in select cinemas

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I saw this back in November and it is (un)ironically good

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone else see this?

I'm thinking about going to a Fathom Event for it tonight, but I'm not sure if I want to shell out the $13 for it since MoviePass won't cover it.

16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I'm going tonight, my Movie Pass has the screening up on the app so I'm gonna try it

suicidesaints likes this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

You'll probably be fine, but I'm weary to check in for a Fathom Event even if it's on the app. I was thinking about just checking in for another movie and just theater hopping, but I'm afraid most of the seats will be sold out. I dunno, we'll see...

18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

been thinknig about checking this out, but I dont know.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I really want to see this but don’t want to go to a theater.

Hoping it goes VOD before volume 2 hits theaters in June

suicidesaints likes this.
  20. jjnunn118

The first hour to hour fifteen of this reminded me of what I loved about The Room. It's a film made by people who aren't great at what they're doing, but pouring so much heart into it that it's endearing and lovable. Except this time there's some very obvious fan service like Tommy and Greg casually tossing a basketball around while talking, "Oh Hai Jon", etc... and some pretty decent acting around them. Even Greg is pretty decent in this!

The last half hour was batshit insane though, and part 2 looks like it will be the least coherent film I've ever seen.

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I can’t wait to see this

22. jjnunn118

Part 2 tonight!

23. jjnunn118

I feel like I might be the only person on this site to have seen this... but holy shit the last 10-15 minutes of part 2 was actually insane and felt like a fever dream.

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I saw part one last year but I haven't seen it since it was re-edited or seen part two. Would really like to