Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Best Buy To Stop Selling CDs, Target May Be Next • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 5, 2018.

1. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Really? I still buy almost every album on CD versus digital. My collection continues to exponentially grow. I like having the artwork/lyrics. And to be able to actually see the music sitting on my shelf.

But I haven't really bought CDs from Best Buy in awhile...they really don't have much anymore. I used to love shopping for them there. And Target I only but Target-exclusive CDs there. Usually I buy CDs online since I can never find what I want in stores anyway. Sometimes FYE (the few remaining ones) have a nice selection still.

But still, this is so sad.

anonimito likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, it just seems like, in 2018, with availability of vinyl, that's the option to go with.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The article states that Best Buy will sell vinyls for two more years do to their agreement with vendors.

4. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

I still do, don't plan on stopping either.

anonimito likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The last new release I bought on CD was Carly Rae Jepsen's Emotion (I think at a Best Buy, funny enough), which I'm pretty happy with as a finale to that era of my life.

Getting rid of all my CDs was such a great feeling. If I'm gonna have clutter, I want said clutter to be piles of comics. I remember some albums having cool packaging and/or booklets, but physical comics scratch that aesthetic itch way better for me.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I do love cds plus I have way too many memories attached to many of them, specific days and knowing where I bought some, at cool shops that are long since gone, etc.

That being said there are tons I can get rid of now that don't mean anything special to me and I'm super grateful streaming is a thing haha

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I got made fun of my a religious CD buyer for listening to records. Take THAT, Mike!!

8. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

I can't remember the last time I bought a CD.. That's wild to think about. They were everything me growing up.