Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ben Gibbard Loves Trail Running

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie is featured in a new trail running short film for sports equipment manufacturer Salomon. Also featured in the video is my college friend, Nick Triolo, who was hired by Ben to be his “trail coordinator” and find places for him to run while on tour. My friends have awesome jobs.

2. ianzandi

Regular

This guy is inspirational. Like, if he can tour the world and run for miles everyday while still creating music and performing live, why can't I at least hit the gym a few times a week to do a few sit-ups away from my desk job?

kpatrickwood likes this.
  3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This was strangely fascinating to me.

4. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

Check out his YouTube interviews with the Ginger Runner and Andy Greenwald if you want more of this stuff.

5. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I've in the past 3 months started running but more so on a track. I've wanted to try out some trail running and especially more so after seeing this.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  6. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Always thought it would be cool to be a personal trainer for a touring band..

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Definitely look for a park system with bike paths. Generally there are some crushed stone/dirt paths next to it that you can use an intro in the real trail running. Trail running is really cool if you are into hiking because it becomes a mix of both a lot of times. And what is considered fast in trail running is a more attainable pace than some of the standard road running stuff. Trail running tends to be longer distance with some obstacles, so you go slower. Road running is generally running your hardest. It depends what you'd prefer to get out of it.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Trail running is my jam; so fun

9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

atta boy benny

10. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

There actually is a bike trail alongside a mountain about 7 mins from my house which would be great for this. Too bad my fear of running into a snake keeps me from going on trails in the summer. (Haha?) Maybe once fall sets in.

I'm not one for endurance, but I love just getting out there and running. I'll do a little over a mile straight through. If I walk some after that so be it. Can't wait on it to chill off a bit more to start hiking again as well. (Snakes yet again).

11. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

As a fellow runner this was awesome to watch. That shot of them sitting and looking out over San Fran just killed me.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  12. theredline

Trusted Supporter

That is an awesome job! On the podcast You Made It Weird, Reggie Watts talked about how he has someone on tour with him to make sure he eats well. That's awesome too!

ianzandi likes this.