Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bemis Family Start Kickstarter • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ihaveblink

Regular

I kind of like the idea of Max Bemis giving 40 minute therapy session to some fan with an e-cig lit in his mouth via skype.

Brent likes this.
  2. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I don't even care / wouldn't really want any of the tier rewards I just want the new Perma music and interested in whatever solo stuff they put out.

Also it doesn't say therapy it says life coach and has a disclaimer that he has no training

stars143 likes this.
  3. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

from Max! The well known very stable guy giving out life advice. there's a disclaimer: "*Note that Max has literally no training, his advice could cause you to fuck up your life, and everything involving him should be taken with a grain of salt. If you wanna kill yourself, go to a doctor. PLEASE." Like if I was a hardcore SA fan i'm just going to ignore that and take my idol's advice very seriously. it's just stupid irresponsible to even offer this

4. Iamhollywood315

Regular

At the end of the day you can get really nice recordings and a studio for 10k and under. Asking for 80k is them being lazy and wanting fans to give them a years worth of income. Guy is a complete asshole for taking advantage like this.

Brent likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the more i read about this and the more comments roll in the more this absolutely disgusts me

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

for $500 max will play a song while you propose. $500 fuckin dollars for the opportunity to spend even more money on travel accommodations (bc ofc you have to go to them why would they put thenmselves out) to have max play a song for you for 3 minutes. THREE PEOPLE have already paid for that.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

and they've already raised almost $40k. glad that in 3 days they can scam what some people's year salaries are under the auspices of "giving you cool shit forever".

Brent, mirrorsandfevers and Omni like this.
  8. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

That one actually bothers me less than the $10,000 tier for a personal show. $10,000 for a show with no set length, and not including their travel and hotel accommodations so they don't have to hang out afterward with whatever insane person would pay for it. It's hard to blame Max for putting it out there in case someone buys it but damn this is silly

9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

And he'll play whatever songs he's comfortable with.

10. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Gotta say that I admire the scam

Brent likes this.
  11. babydanger

Regular

It’s slowed down considerably from the first day though. And with Kickstarter, they won’t get any of the money if the whole project doesn’t get funded.

Brent likes this.
  12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I really hope they don't reach their goal. Say Anything fans adore Max though so I'm sure they will eat this shit up. Sad that he has to take advantage of a passionate fan base by doing this.

Brent likes this.
  13. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

Okay, the therapy thing creeps me the fuck out. I don’t care if there’s a disclaimer, it’s still fucking weird. Market it as a “conversation with Max” if you want to offer fan interaction , don’t put it under the guise of mentally unstable quasi-celebrity gives help to mentally unstable fan, that’s just irresponsible and could lead to some real bad situations.

Brent likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this is a good point and extremely.....i almost want to say this should be considered illegal....and dangerous. at the risk of sounding over dramatic.

15. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

technically I got my wording wrong, and it's listed at "Life Coach" session, not necessarily a therapy which I misread. But still, it's still a dangerous thing to do.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

$75 and a guy who doesn't know you at all will plan your bachelor party.

i just can't with some of these options.

Brent likes this.
  17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So they'll start these 4 albums when, like 2026? Lol this is all ludicrous

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

they've made over $90k ugh fuck this

19. BradBradley

Regular

They added a tier where their kids would mow my lawn, so I couldn’t resist.

angrycandy and Sean Murphy like this.