Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bellows - The Rose Gardener (February 22, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

How does it compare to F&P? Is there any departure from that sound or is it the same but improved?

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

some of the songs have additional little flourishes, but it's mostly in the same style as fist and palm. I would say it's got more pop influence, if anything. the singles are a pretty good indication. I think I prefer this over that album, although I haven't listened to that one in a while

edit: actually, there are two songs that are noticeably different from the rest of the record and from anything on fist and palm, as best as I can recall, but I will not spoil why

Justin Roux likes this.
  3. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Thanks for that! Very excited for this

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wooooo somehow missed this announce, let’s go!

5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

just put a pre-order in and I rarely do that anymore. probably listened to these singles more than I should.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

7. sean_rugy

incredible, just as all the others are.

8. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I’m gonna hold off, I haven’t replayed a lot of the other singles so first listen should feel pretty fresh

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Finally listened to “The Tower” last night (and a few times since). I think it’s one of the most interesting Bellows songs yet, really seems like Oliver went for something different with it. All 5 of these singles are truly incredible though. I think this is going to be a really special album.

sean_rugy likes this.
  10. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I’ve somehow managed to only listen to the two singles from the announcement despite this being my most anticipated by a long shot

We’re so close!

sean_rugy likes this.
  11. this is a fucking great album and one of the five best I've heard so far this year

fucking W O W

12. Leftandleaving

whats yr favorite song?

13. honestly all 13 tracks are perfect - the album begins beautifully with the back to back combo of Housekeeping (think a low key fake empire because the horns on it are amazing) and the beautiful Accidents Happen.

and the closer Count Em Down is just fucking gorgeous and encompasses so many different vibes

14. also In Silence is a fucking B O P

Leftandleaving and matthaber like this.
  15. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

yr killing me drew, the hype is too much

16. Leftandleaving

I didn’t think about housekeeping as a fake empire comparison, I’ll need to listen w that in mind

In silence is my fav

17. it's just how those horns come out of no where that makes me think of that song

Leftandleaving likes this.
  18. sean_rugy

record shipped and was hoping the downloads would be available, no dice. cannot wait to give this a spin on Friday.

matthaber likes this.
  19. username

hey you lil piss baby

sean_rugy likes this.
  20. username

hey you lil piss baby

21. sean_rugy

whoa just decided to listen to the singles in anticipation, this is much better.

22. matthaber

HELLLLLOO

23. matthaber

and i love and i love and i love and i love and i love and i love and i love this album

Leftandleaving likes this.
  24. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Dopeeeeeee

25. well it's a snowy day and I wanna hear this now, excited to dive in