Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bellows - Fist & Palm (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 21, 2016.

1. SayHello

Regular

Love this record.

2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Finally seeing them live tonight. way to stoked. Still debating if Ill stay for all of PWR BTTM however, staying out till midnight on a Monday night sounds dreadful (yes i'm essentially a Grandpa when it comes to staying out late on weekdays)

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

definitely do your best, pwr bttm is the best

4. matthaber

I have no words for that bellows live set. Blue Breadth, Rosy Death was on of the coolest thing i've seen live in a while. The only problem was half the venue was chatting away during their set so it was hard to hear them, still incredible though.

5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

We feel the same thing just as awful

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. matthaber

best live band.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

aw yessss I just came in here to say that I wish this band had a live record, I like their albums but literally nothing hits me as hard as it did when I saw them on that Hotelier tour. Gonna dig into the Audiotree for sure

8. cwhit

these guys are truly one of the best live bands
    almost entirely new stuff (maybe one old song)

matthaber likes this.
  9. cwhit

the energy in the live version of you are a palm tree is so unexpected and amazing, god this album is so good

10. matthaber

i've ran out of ways to describe how much I love all these epoch bands, my thoughts on them are hitting Los Campesinos! levels of hyperbole.

Randomly going to see a girlpool/eskimaux/told slant last year (with no prior knowledge of any of the bands playing) was the best thing to ever happen to me.

11. cwhit

just in the middle of relistening to told slant, it's good but the bellows record is in another league imo

matthaber likes this.
  12. matthaber

yeah i can agree with that. This album is up there with that 2nd sharpless album for being my favourite "epoch" album.

I feel incredibly spoiled getting this, told slant, and florist records this year. Any other year , any of those albums would of be considered my aoty.

13. cwhit

OHHHHHYEAH

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Finally listened to this and it's pretty fantastic.

15. cwhit

This record keeps getting better for me too especially after seeing them live again. Assured a spot in at least my top 15 if not hgher

teebs41 likes this.
  16. This album is stupid good, can't stop playing it. Audiotree session is wild too. Gotta catch them live, probably gonna make the trip for Told Slant / Crying / Bellows at UDel

17. cwhit

see you there

ECV likes this.
  18. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

well fuck me for sleeping on this

teebs41 likes this.
  19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Really into this lately. Love Orange Juice, Bully and Dark Heart. I would love to see them live, especially since you guys say they sound quite different.

ECV likes this.
  20. cwhit

this is why you listen to the records i say are good!!!!!
    it's just far more energetic, if you've seen any of the former epoch bands it's the same sort of thing.

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Best live band 2k16

22. Yeah this is the slept-on gem of the year imo

Joel likes this.
  23. cwhit

Snewt and ECV like this.
  24. oh boy this is incredible and I'm an idiot???? wow

cwhit likes this.
  25. cwhit