Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Being As an Ocean Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cgarnsay, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I'm a huge fan of this band. I was curious if anyone knows what is going on with their new album that's supposed to be coming out via Equal Vision on June 9th?

2. Theemoflamingo

Regular

I wish I knew. I'd be fine if they had to delay it, but if they're waiting till the 9th to announce its delayed, that would be lame. I want this album in my life asap, dissolve is in my opinion their best song.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  3. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Dissolve is very close as well as 'Black and Blue'... I think this album will definitely be better than the ST, and may compare to Perish. Regardless I am hoping they have it at Warped.

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Welp, officially no album with no announcement which is really shitty

Cgarnsay likes this.
  5. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Can't agree more.

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Apparently label issues or something similar is causing the delay... also the first two tracks of the album are "out there" online as of this morning.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  7. Cgarnsay

Trusted

#freetheocean
    Because Equal Vision needs to give us something

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

BAAO is amazing. One of my favorite bands now. I really hope they announce what is going soon. Black and Blue has a live copy on YouTube if you wanna avoid the leak. But the studio version is beautiful.

beachdude42 and Cgarnsay like this.
  9. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Where's the leak athe for the studio version?

10. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

around. A certain kingdom that may contain some leaked material may have it. Also it's on YouTube if you search. You might not be able to find pink & red on YouTube though.

beachdude42 and Cgarnsay like this.
  11. beachdude

According to the guitarist's Twitter, the band bought back their album from Equal Vision and will be releasing it independently. Something is coming next week.

12. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

So happy that we will finally get the record. Going to have to get a bundle if they do a physical release.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  13. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I will be buying a bundle if they do it as well.

14. coleslawed Aug 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 22, 2017)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

two releases incoming (2 ep's? 2 full albums? wouldn't really surprise me from these guys).
    Thorns 8/25
    Black & Blue 9/1

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. beachdude

Those are singles, and the album is coming shortly after. The first one "Thorns" is out there now, and is great.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. beachdude

"Black & Blue" has been out there for a while and is also great. Can't wait for this full album.

17. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Being as an Ocean is just great...

18. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Super excited for the full album to come out. I've been big fans of all the songs so far.

19. solxace

oh word?

pumped for this release

20. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

thoughts on the next song? I didn't like the last album at all

21. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Black and Blue has been out for a while, but it was today's song and next week is the album release.

The self-titled is a lot different, but still has some gems.

The merch site is down now too, about to be re-opened and I imagine the new album will be there. Either way, fuck yes!

22. beachdude

coleslawed and YouOnlyLukeOnce like this.
  23. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Absolutely their prime!!!

24. Syre Dream

Regular

How is this?

25. Cgarnsay

Trusted