Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Behind the Chorus to “Call Me Maybe” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 25, 2017.

1. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Also really glad JEW reached number five. They're the best our scene has to offer so if they didn't break the top 10, nothing else from our musical realm would have come close haha.

Bartek T. likes this.
  2. I feel you, I've never liked The Killers (and Mr. Brightside) for that reason alone.

Also, really surprised that blink and Green Day are not on here. Also Third Eye Blind, their song "Blinded" is catchy as hell.

Mr. Serotonin and Chase Tremaine like this.
  3. Agree to disagree. :teethsmile:

RileyWitiw likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah how the fuck is 3eb not on here? Never let you go and Semi-charmed life

5. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah, damn I don't know how I didn't think of that. That should be top 20 haha

6. I mean those songs came out in the 20th century, so that's why they're not on here

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

never let you go is Jan 2000 fyi

8. This is just semantics at this point, but the song was technically released in November 1999 on Blue, and then released to radio as a single in January of 2000. You could make an argument either way.

9. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

no goddamnit im dying on this hill

10. Mr. Serotonin

11. Mr. Serotonin

I forgot that's what this was all about, haha

12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's a quite cool list with good wording for most of the write-ups, enjoyed it, though I'd disagree with a lot of those, and I personally really dislike 'Call Me Maybe' (couldn't stand it back in the day to be honest). But Jimmy Eat World being there in the TOP 10 is really neat!

13. Mr. Serotonin

"The Middle" was so catchy that Kelly Clarkson accidentally wrote it again! :crylaugh:

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

15. Delysid

Regular

CRJ is amazing! That is all

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  16. Mr. Serotonin

17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@Mr. Serotonin oh yeah, I can hear it in some parts ;d those verses in fact.

18. Mr. Serotonin

And chorus, haha. It sounds so similar. "This is my heartbeat song, in the middle in the middle"
    haha

Butinsmallsteps and Bartek T. like this.
  19. goation

Regular

Whahhahahatatttat. Not trying to make this thread just about the Killers but you think one song is repetitive so you dislike their entire discography? This makes me sad.

20. No I dislike their discography because I listened to it and didn't like it, but that song really encapsulates my disinterest in the band. Everyone says I'm supposed to like it and I just don't care about it at all.