Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bee Gees Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 14, 2016.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The Bee Gees were a pop music group formed in 1958. Their line-up consisted of brothers Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb. The trio were successful for most of their decades of recording music, but they had two distinct periods of exceptional success; as a popular music act in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and as prominent performers of the disco music era in the late 1970s. The group sang recognisable three-part tight harmonies; Robin's clear vibrato lead vocals were a hallmark of their earlier hits, while Barry's R&B falsetto became their signature sound during the late 1970s and 1980s. They wrote all of their own hits, as well as writing and producing several major hits for other artists.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cshadows2887 Mar 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2020)
    cshadows2887

Their turn to being disco superstars has really colored their legacy. That era is awesome, but Trafalgar and Odessa are ambitious and excellent and a world away.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

My dad really likes them

4. TheFeels

Regular

Beatles-core

Close your eyes and you might think it was George Harrison.

5. cshadows2887

Heard this album for the first time last week and it's such great lite-psychedelic pop. They really could do so many things.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I am so stoked for this

8. cshadows2887

Sign me the fuck up

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Legitimately had no idea they did anything before disco before I watched the doc last night

cshadows2887 likes this.
  10. cshadows2887

I feel like a lot of people in our generation are in that same boat, meanwhile my dad’s eyes bugged out when I told him I didn’t know those early hits.

JRGComedy likes this.