Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beck and Cage the Elephant Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Xpertguy5

Trusted

My show is tonight. Just arrived. Am so stoked

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Also here as well! I hear it sold out completely

3. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Great show tonight. Starcrawler was a fun way to open the show. Didn't really care for Spoon so I went to get food during that. Cage the elephant is so much fun live. Matt is one hell of a frontman and I love it how he's all over the place. Got to high five him during Teeth. Beck was better than I expected. Loved his production. A lot of people near me left after CTE. Was funny because this drunk woman kept trying to sneak closer and security kept telling her to go back. But Overall I really enjoyed myself.

4. sam_might_say

Had a great time last night too. Had to miss Starcrawler. Spoon was pretty cool. CTE was absolutely nuts and gotta say Michael is an astounding frontman/showman. Beck was super cool and I loved the visuals he had for his show. He’s one of my idols and I’m very glad I finally got to see him.

On that note though, did something about Beck seem off to you? I can’t quite put my finger on what it is was, but my friend who went with me pointed out that it seemed like Beck was disappointed or bummed out by something but was still trying to do his best despite it, and it showed.

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  5. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I just want to vent how pissed I am I have to miss the NYC date and travel to fucking NJ to see this tour. I realize that's an EXTREME first world problem (the fact that I have the option of two nearby tour dates) but PNC Bank Arts Center just fucking blows compared to where this is hitting in NYC (Forest Hills Stadium). Either way, this is an awesome triple bill and looking forward to it. I wish Spoon got a slightly longer set and they just ditched the first opener but whatever.

6. Phil507

I wasn't there but he is going through a divorce at the moment so...imagine that could have something to do with it.

7. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Yea it seemed like his mind wasn't in the performance and like he was trying to get it over with

8. sam_might_say

Oh man. I wouldn’t blame him if that were the case

Yeah exactly. Still a great show, regardless

9. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Went to this last night in NH, and had an amazing time.

10. prattsy

Regular

I still find it so strange that Spoon is on this tour. They're a pretty big band to be playing 3rd fiddle for a tour but I guess they'd never play these large venues without partnering with a couple others. Also I would argue that Spoon has had more success than CTE, no?

11. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

The absolute only way I'll go to PNC is with VIP parking (which is generally available really cheap on StubHub). The general parking situation there gives me so much agita. The venue itself is badly in need of upgrading, especially the number of bathrooms that are available.

Although it's much more of a hassle for me in terms of time and money, I much rather go to Jones Beach or BB&T.

12. Phil507

I don't have a car so have to take the train to Aberdeen-Matawan and then, literally, that school bus that they send which means I get to avoid the parking fiasco. Oddly enough, Jones Beach is a bit further from the city but I still think it's a tad more unique of an experience than other ampitheaters.

13. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I've always wondered about the bus for PNC from Aberdeen-Matawan. Is it reliable?

And agreed about Jones Beach.

14. Phil507

I got off the train at 4:45 tonight and it was at the station. I was the ONLY person on it but maybe that’s due to being early? Either way, it’s free so imagine it’s subsidized as an incentive to draw people from the city.

15. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Perfect, thanks. I'll have to try that the next time I go.

16. Phil507

One shitty aspect of it is that your options for trains are either 10:51 or 11:59 going back to the city. I chose to skip out on a good portion of Beck's set to catch the earlier train since I saw him at MSG last year but was still frustrating. All 4 acts were great last night.

17. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Ugh, that sucks about the train and Beck's set.

I'll just use the station's parking for the bus since I'm in NJ, anyway, and the lot itself is free.