Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beauty And The Beast (Bill Condon, March 17, 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 23, 2016.

1. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Amped. Trailer was great.

Not minding the Ariana version of 'Beauty And The Beast' either. Looking forward to Emma Thompson's, probably won't top Angela Lansbury's though.

2. Feeling pretty indifferent about this movie so far.

3. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

The new trailer does look great, but I feel like they revealed too many replicated iconic shots from the original. Of course, they're not technically spoilers, but part of why I'm interested in seeing this version is how they adapt those classic moments to a "live" medium. To me, that deflates my excitement a little, even though they all look pretty solid.

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Yeah, I wish I held off from watching. It kind of takes the surprise element (the little bit there was) away.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

sounds exactly the same as the Celine version.

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This is cute.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I have mixed feelings about the Romeo and Juliet reference, I always thought it was weird that she was reading fairytales at 17 or whatever but it's still a change

9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

It's official. I think Emma Watson was missing cast here

10. I'm at Disney this week and just happened into a screening of the opening sequence/song

FrenzalRob likes this.
  11. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

How was? Looking forward to this movie.

12. I was pretty impressed. I have no idea if Emma Watson is actually a good singer, but in the movie she sounds great. The set looks incredible (at least the town in the beginning). Such vibrant colors throughout. Some funny moments. It will definitely give people some feels right off the bat.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This is tracking for a $120 million opening

14. Wow, that's more than I expected.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

and just because

16. bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Beauty and the Beast, by Bill Condom

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

20. Rjones1325

Though her voice doesn’t dominate over Paige O’ Hara’s, Emma Watson’s portrayal of Belle is damn near perfect. She’s not the animated Belle, she’s Emma Watson Belle which is, the best Belle we need in 2017. She’s the Belle that girls should look up to today. When she takes her father’s place as the Beast’s prisoner, she doesn’t just sit in her room, she’s already attempting to escape the castle Robin Hood style. She’s independent, smart, kind, and headstrong as hell similar to Emma Watson herself.

The song I was ready to see come to life more than anything was “Gaston”. Out of all the songs in Beauty and the Beast, "Gaston" was my personal favorite. It’s the best villain song of all time for me so Condon and Gad had some big shoes to fill. After seeing it, I realized that it’s not the original redone but is its own version and I still love it. Gad is able to not only hit the right notes manages to go above and beyond with his high bars, his charm, and his charisma. It doesn’t matter if his character is gay or not, Gad’s Lefou constantly steals the show. We are given the Josh Gad that made us love him from not Frozen, but The Book of Mormon. His performance here is the reason why he was nominated for a Tony back in 2011. His singing voice and his comedic timing are both so on point that it makes me completely forgive him for annoying the crap out of me in Pixels.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//beauty-and-the-beast-review

carrytheweight likes this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was... okay?

23. Dodge725

Trusted

I thought this was great and don't understand the mixed reviews. The two biggest complaints I've seen are the direction and the similarity to the animated version. The directing isn't outstanding but good enough not to hurt the film for the most part and I don't know how different this was expected to be but there are little things that are changed that I think add to what was already great. No revolutionary changes but I wouldn't expect those. Emma Watson was amazing just as the review above stated and I think this is a great companion/alternative to the animated version.

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I thought Emma was good, even her singing was charming, the only thing was her face acting when she was trying to look scared was bad
    Dan Stevens was great as the Beast, only know him from this and Legion but that's a helluva introduction

25. Dog with a Blog

I don't really mind that Disney is remaking all these movies (in theory) but I guess it upsets me that they aren't really adding on to or expanding upon the previously established story. I'd rather them focus on making new classics than creating carbon copies of pre-existing ones. Cause at the end of the day, are you gonna want to show your kids this, or the classic cartoon that inspired it

Although, I guess at this point we are the ones who are parents and are showing our kids the new one at the theater. But I still think when it comes to home videotape cartoon is the go-to.

With that said, and I'm not asking this rhetorically, I'm genuinely curious, what to you about this movie makes you want to see it and makes it worth the price of admission? I mainly ask cause I work out a theatre and we sold nearly 500 tickets for the 7pm showing alone and I was sort of surprised

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.