Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beauty And The Beast (Bill Condon, March 17, 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 23, 2016.

1. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Haha, transitioning from the original animation style to what is essentially live-action was always gonna be a challenge for characters like Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Chip and Cogsworth. I wonder what 'Be Our Guest' will look like. Could make or break the movie as far as how it looks.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I'm excited. She sounds amazing and reminiscent of Paige O'Hara.

3. I still prefer the Lumiere from the first image.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

FrenzalRob likes this.
  5. Kiana Jan 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2017)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I feel like this isn't coming together in the way I hoped. Emma Watson is a mediocre actor and an unremarkable singer surrounded by a pretty talented cast so I feel like she'll be upstaged. I'm creeped out by the beast but not in a good way. Oh well. I'll negative Nancy again haha. I'm sure it'll look pretty to watch.

6. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I have a feeling it's still going to be great. My main worry is that Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, etc. will look ridiculous the more we see them on screen. I'm also scared they'll use too much green screen, Attack Of The Clones style.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

FrenzalRob likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. Davjs

Trusted

Haven't read it, but isn't it just because Beauty and the Beast is a way better story and she looks more like Belle?

10. It's because Cinderella wasn't enough of a role model character. Cinderella doesn't have Belle's "empowering defiance."

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

Oh, I guess I can see that too. Is Cinderella a weak character though?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

More passive than weak, I wouldn't call a victim of child abuse weak, Belle is just stronger , but both are independent I guess

Davjs likes this.
  13. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Does Emilia Clarke have vocal chops? I think she looks the part of Belle quite well, then again so does Emma, and Emma has a fantastic voice.

Can't wait for this movie.

14. Kiana

Emma's voice is very lackluster and it bothers me that she doesn't finish all the words. It gets all breathy and she cuts them short

15. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Haven't really noticed this tbh, I've found from the small clips we've had so far that it's been fine.

16. Kiana Jan 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 17, 2017)
    Kiana

I mean I think she's adequate but I def think she's cast cause she's Emma Watson, not cause she is the perfect choice. Like she'd excel in plays at the local high school theater but for an iconic Disney role I wish they would've cast someone else that's better than ok or fine

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

katequij likes this.
  18. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Who would you have preferred as someone that's probably more engaged than myself?

19. Kiana

I like Leighton Meester! But idk if tbh I'm not so much with the actors. Emma does have kind of a Disney tone so she has that going for her, but I just never think she's the best part or stands out in anything she is in. Tbh I'd go so far as to say she's consistently the weakest in everything I see her in. I mean I know a lot of people have the Hermione love and love her for her feminism stuff, but idk it's just white mediocrity to me in the end.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  20. Michael Schmidt

Haha white mediocrity. I need to start using that. I am with you on Leighton Meester. She definitely has the singing part. I've only seen a few episodes of Gossip Girl so I it would be unfair to judge her acting ability. She's an adopted brunette so that works. Did she have a kid or recently or is she pregnant? That would definitely impact her availability. I feel Emma Watson has the look for Belle and that sort of half the battle. Plus, she will draw people in. I think if she can adequately sing, the movie heads probably don't care because they can edit things later.

21. Kiana

Yeah I mean I'm sure Emma won't totally bomb. I do think she's surrounded by a cast that's a lot more talented so idk how that's gonna go, but I don't hate her or think she's awful or anything, she's just idk... there lol. Like I'm sure she's had vocal lessons and will be passable but I def think she was chosen for her name than actual ability.

22. Davjs

Trusted

I'm also not completely sure they haven't fixed up her voice a lot in post. I'm sure she can sing, but I can't see Disney letting anything other than perfection come out of on any song.

23. Michael Schmidt

Yeah, I agree and with studio edits they can give things a lift. From a business standpoint, I completely get it. You want a big name more than anything and Emma Watson is certainly that. The accent will work well for the dialogue too as opposed to an American. It would have been interesting to go with Lea Michele, who would fill more of the singing side of it. I don't know how popular she still is, but I'm sure Emma is a bigger draw.

24. Michael Schmidt

Yeah, a movie on this scale I don't think you risk it. As good as Anne Hathaway is, I'm sure there were edits for Les Mis too. It's just a matter of how much. And every major music release is going to have a certain amount of editing. There is just a certain expectation listeners have today, and if it doesn't have it will get ridiculed and passed over.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

katequij likes this.