Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beartooth / Every Time I Die / Fit For A King / Old Wounds Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jun 27, 2016.

1. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

And the fact I can go see the first and third bands and my night is done is a huge plus too

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I wish ETID would tour with better bands, I'll be missing this tour and waiting for an actual headliner.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Not a lot of love for Beartooth in this thread. I think this is a great oppoetunity for ETID to play in front of some younger fans.

4. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Old Wounds is excellent so 2/4 seems solid enough.

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Beartooth is a cool live band, though I haven't listened to their new record yet. Old Wounds is super sick too. Honestly, this is 3/4 for me and if that weekend wasn't so busy already, I'd hit this up in Grand Rapids.

Cgarnsay and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I would like to go to the first show of the tour in Chicago on Sunday but relaxing on Sunday sounds nice too.

7. lolfpcmlol

Regular

That's my problem with Beartooth. I'm 29 now so 90% of their song lyrics are cringe worthy but obviously not aimed for my age group so I'm disappointed they've been touring with bands that do still appeal to me. I think musically Beartooth are great and some of their songs are catchy as shit but the lyrics and the messages make them a definite guilty pleasure. I expect a mostly under 21 crowd for them meaning I will feel like the odd one out. I'm going to less and less shows in this genre because of that. I'm self conscious I'll be spotted immediately and mocked as the 'old guy' who hasn't let go and found more age appropriate music ha.

8. ADayToFall

A home like yours is upside down

Yeah, it seems like ETID is getting the most love, which I'm not against since I'm a fan myself.

9. kidinthebushes Sep 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 28, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

But it's not like Beartooth is some terrible scene band. I guess some people don't like that ETID is opening for a newer band.

10. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Go!!!

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Beartooth is definitely fun to watch but I don't like their recorded material at all

12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Beartooth could be a good band, but their new album only showed regression. ETID however, probably the best heavy band of the last decade.

Joe4th and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  13. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

There's nothing wrong with being the old guy at shows. I'm only 26 and already think most of my friends from high school have gotten boring and less adventurous with finding new music. I'd rather steer clear of that path.

That being said I think Beartooth's first album is one of the best debut albums of the last decade, but Aggressive was a huge step down aside from a couple tracks.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  14. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I've been a pretty big Beartooth fan since the EP came out and I'm 25. Their live show is incredible and one of my favorites. Aggressive is my least favorite record in their (albeit brief) discography but those songs are still bangers live. All this to say I'm also a massive ETID fan and I've seen both bands multiple times. If you're going for ETID I strongly recommend at least checking out the begging of the Beartooth set just to see what it's all about, the energy in the room is usually incredible.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I agree with that I don't like Beartooth but they blew me away first time I saw them

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The only tickets available for the Chicago show are balcony tickets. I think I am going to pass.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

But there are pit tickets on StubHub for $40...

18. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

19. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

There were ga floor tickets avail just two days ago. FUCK. So pissed now.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

And I am assuming House of Blues won't be people into the pit now without a wristband or something. I haven't been there since they started selling tickets foe different sections.

21. joe.boy.fresh. Sep 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2016)
    joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I think I'm just going to get balcony and try my luck. I'll take your idea and say I'm lookin at merch to at least be on the floor

kidinthebushes likes this.
  22. red8ge

Regular

beartooth is bad sorry boys

gonna go to the fest in poughkeepsie and duck out b4 beartooth

23. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Old Wounds just crushed. Don't sleep on this band.

michael_gatto likes this.
  24. michael_gatto

Trusted

Basically the main reason I'm going to this tour! One of the best bands around right now.

25. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Petal
    Glitches
    C++
    Underwater bimbos
    Thirst
    Decaying with the boys
    Fear &trembling
    Awful lot
    We'rewolf