Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beach Slang Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 4, 2016.

1. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Gridlock Festival tweeted that they've been in touch with the band's camp and that there's nothing to worry about.

Really hope they stick together, even though they weren't doing anything revolutionary I really loved their music.

2. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Apparently Spin used that Foxing tweet, assuming it was in reference to Beach Slang, and now the Foxing dudes are irritated.

tommymcphail likes this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i mean who didn't think that foxing tweet had to do with beach slang? haha

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Then maybe Foxing shouldn't be so coincidentally passive aggressive. If you're going to post vague shit, people are going to run with it -- especially when it's very specifically referencing the band at the center of it all.

5. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

...yup.

6. The shit some bands do on Twitter is astoundingly dumb.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  7. there.

8. Man I really hope they stay together I'm really looking forward to the new album and they were great on Monday

9. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I'm willing to give Foxing the benefit of the doubt that they weren't aware of the beach slang drama and its all just a happy coincidence

But they should at least go "oh wow yeah I can see how people jumped to conclusions there" instead of "I wanna post cryptic shit and then feign surprise when people assume it means something it doesn't"

Ryan Garner and smoke4thecaper like this.
  11. holdfasthope

Newbie Prestigious

love beach slang to death, tried keeping up with any updates all day. hope it's not true.

12. junkmanserenade

13. holdfasthope

Newbie Prestigious

14. junkmanserenade

I want to remain hopeful that they'll make some sort of annoucenemet that they just had an off night and are sticking together, but the silence on their end and that video aren't making me feel too good about it.

15. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Ugh this makes me sad

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Oh nooooooooo hopefully they release that second album still.

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

19. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Feel like the show tomorrow is either going to be a magical experience where they realize how much they love playing together or terrible. And still a little worried it'll be the later:-/

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

We'll see....

21. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

This band feels like a very special thing, hopefully they can hold onto it for awhile

22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Well that was all...weird. I hope they figure out their shit.

23. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Avant garde prank -- pretty clever, Beach Slang!

24. Paul Beaumont

Wow what's all that about. I know when they came to the UK they hadn't practiced in weeks so used soundcheck as their rehearsal but I didn't see that as all that odd. Love their LP so I hope it all falls back into place. All the guys seemed so cool when we supported them. I spoke to James just the other day too.

25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Show tonight was fantastic. Looks like they've managed to put the other night behind them =)

electro haikus likes this.