Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beach Slang Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Today they begun recording their second album.

I hope they can add a little bit more diversity to the next album. The EPs were great because while every song sounded similar, they were short and sweet enough that they didn't feel like one song stuck on repeat. The album, however, got exhausting pretty quickly, unfortunately.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hahah i was thinking about making this last night
    don't think we need an "official thread" distinguisher though on this forum, since we have the "band" and "album" prefixes now

3. Good point! I just realized that those were actually a thing.... haha

4. cwhit

luckily changing thread titles is easy now, hah.
    good band, hope they take a step forward on this new one, or i doubt i'll like it

5. wow, it IS easy to change titles! awesome! haha.

and yeah, this new album needs to feel different while still feeling like the same band... i have a feeling they're gonna play it safe though.

6. cwhit

i'm not sure that playing it safe would apply here...i'm just not sure they're really capable of doing anything beyond really fun two and a half minute cathartic punk songs

7. right, right. exactly.

8. timorous_me

I filmed some acoustic sessions with Beach Slang/James Alex that went live today:

9. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Does anyone have a rip of the hidden track on Things We Do?

10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I'd be happy if they kept doing what they're doing, there isn't a lot of diversity, but every song is so damn passionate and sincere that I fall in love with each one.

But I do think they'll change it up a bit with this next one. Just got a feeling.

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Kinda worries me that a new one is coming so quickly. New album has good songs, but they can only write "Filthy Luck" so many times

12. I ripped it myself a while back. Sent you a PM.

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Saw these guys in Albany last night, and it was a joy, as always. It was the first show my girlfriend let me drag her to, she had a blast. James opened the stage up for someone to come up and tell someone they love them, and no one took the bait, so I let my cheesiness out and got up and told my girlfriend I loved her. James got off stage to hug us and said "Thanks a ton for doing that man, I've been wanting to do that since I saw Cheap Trick do it forever ago", lol. Great set, top tier banter, and a lot of improvisation due to crowd input.

The real news here is they announced the new record will be out in September.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  14. cwhit

oh damn, another one so soon? full length?

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

You bet, they referred to it as their "second LP". They played two new ones - one that I don't think made it's way onto the setlist, but I'll check when I get home. The one they didn't introduce by name literally sounded like three Beach Slang songs stitched together outside of the prechorus, but the second one was called Atom Bomb and was different/considerably harder than most of their other stuff.

16. cwhit

interesting. they started recording a few weeks ago so it would make sense that it's done

17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

im hoping for some new sounds on this one. i liked the last a lot but it sounded a bit stale after the eps

18. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Was at the Albany show last night too, it was amazing. Yeah, that new song Atom Bomb sounded phenomenal.

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Echoing the hopes for a little bit of diversity on this one. Even just more stuff like "Too Late To Die Young" would be awesome.

20. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I liked their full-length a lot, but I don't find myself revisiting it unless I'm looking for background music.

21. Paul Beaumont

My band supported these recently on their UK tour. Fantastic guys.

22. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Hidden track is amazing, you're my hero for ripping it, and I hope for more of that type of songwriting on the new album.

23. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

someone care to share that hidden track? please and thank you!

24. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing these guys for the first time next month. I loved their EPs but haven't spent much time with the full-length.

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

I like the ep's much better than the full length.