Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beach Slang - The Deadbeat Bang of Heartbreak City (January 10, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Album is fun. Will spin it when I'm in the mood for Beach Slang.

2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Album is stupid fun. No complaints on my end.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

one of the best bands

4. thewmaynes

http://johnnymainstream.bandcamp.com

They haven’t recaptured the magic of the first 2 EPs and 1st full-length for me but I’m happy that their sound is evolving. Loud Bash just sounded like a worse copy of The Things We Do

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Listening to this now and it's definitely fun. I want to like it but I'm not sure about his voice here. I've listened casually before and never had a problem with it but it's kind of bothering me here. Stiff was a jam though

6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I liked this much more than the last record. Feel like it should have be released in spring / summer though, not winter. Will definitely return to this when the weather is nicer. Will be fun to drive to this in the sunshine.

swboyd and waking season like this.
  7. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Now that I've had a bit of time to marinate on this record, I enjoy it a bit more than their previous album. I was never a huge fan of Quiet Slang, but the acoustic tracks work a lot better when they're paired with the loud ones. This album isn't anything special, but it's probably my top for the year so far.

8. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I honestly don’t know if I hate this album or love it. Maybe both.

One thing’s for sure, I look forward to never listening to “Stiff” again. Yeesh.