Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beach House - Once Twice Melody (February 18,2022) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 9, 2021.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

gonna sit this one out til it's all there. not a fan of the release schedule.

radiodead likes this.
  2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

this is going to be absurdly good huh

3. I actually don't mind the way this is coming out and I think it's letting me really sink into this a piece at a time, which I think the record demands. the strategy works better here than it usually does imo

jpmalone4 likes this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I’m still ignoring everything, lol. But it’s cool to see how well it’s all been received so far.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  5. eagles1139

Regular

I might be in the minority (and this may be because I like Beach House's vibe but have never been a super-fan) but I actually am a big fan of the way this record's been rolled out.

If they dropped this as a single 90 minute album I'd probably get overwhelmed and it would take me a long time to settle in with it. But the four mini-albums have really given me the opportunity to spend time with these songs before each new chapter rolls out. And the songs are really incredible. I wouldn't dig this strategy for every band, but for Beach House -- whose albums I've appreciated more as a "vibe" rather than distinct statements -- this has really made their craft and songwriting stand out.

6. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

This is already my favorite of the three released so far, I think. Even more dreamy, for lack of a better word.

I think this rollout works well for the streaming era. I just have this album on my phone and it updates itself. Pretty cool.

7. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

finally caved and ordered the vinyl today. very pumped. it also helps that Sub Pop sends out advanced streams to those who pre-order two weeks before release date, so only a couple weeks until those people get to hear the final chapter.

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

The release strategy is great every few weeks spotify is like “here’s some new beach house songs” and im like oh sick.

9. Michael Belt

Sub Pop preorders have access to the final chapter 2 weeks early. go crazy.

10. Jim

Trusted Supporter

oh hell yeah

11. Jim

Trusted Supporter

finally listening to the final chapter and damn this rules

Michael Belt likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This is just so incredible by everything released so far, I can’t wait to here the full thing in one go that said.

13. Michael Belt

having also finally spun Chapter 4 yesterday, i can agree that this is a phenomenal body of work. it's maximalist but not bloated. ethereal yet sharp. y'all are in for a treat.

zachmacD likes this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

my box set shows up today

zachmacD and radiodead like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jim likes this.
  16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

box set is gorgeous my goodness

zachmacD likes this.
  17. radiodead

Trusted

Do you have pics?

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah. I can post some in a bit.

radiodead likes this.
  19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

upload_2022-2-16_19-24-46.jpeg upload_2022-2-16_19-24-46.jpeg upload_2022-2-16_19-24-46.jpeg upload_2022-2-16_19-24-46.jpeg upload_2022-2-16_19-24-46.jpeg upload_2022-2-16_19-24-46.jpeg

jpmalone4, jkauf, DarkHotline and 4 others like this.
  20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

The book is pretty big and has some cool artwork with the lyrics. I didn’t open the posters up yet. I love that the box is like an actual book, not just a cover that lifts off

21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

gorgeous.

22. deflector

formerly pizzatime

their best since bloom easily. incredible record

zachmacD likes this.
  23. radiodead

Trusted

I’m excited to listen to the final 4. I think from what I’ve heard so far it’s a good Beach House album. Probably end up around the Depression Cherry or Thank Your Lucky Stars tier. Nothing is touching 7 or Teen Dream for me. Pre full listen ranks:

1. Teen Dream
    2. 7
    3. Bloom
    4. Depression Cherry
    5. Thank Your Lucky Stars
    6. Devotion
    7. Beach House

24. Michael Belt

my copy came in today. i knew the packaging was gonna be amazing beforehand, but pictures don't do it justice. holding it in my hands, this thing is stunning.

25. OotyPa

fall away

Excited to listen to this tomorrow! Haven’t heard anything yet.

radiodead likes this.