Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beach Bunny Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 14, 2018.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome! I had never heard of them before but the crowd fucking loved them.

2. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Better Call Beach Bunny

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Breaking Bunny

4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Here for some new Beach Bunny!

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Prom Queen charted on the Billboard hot rock songs this week (#47) which I think is pretty awesome. It’d be so cool to see it keep climbing.

maryp1603 likes this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Here are all the upcoming Beach Bunny shows happening:

I would imagine when the album is done they will do a record release show somewhere in Chicago and then a national tour to follow. I think they are now big enough to headline a US tour.

maryp1603 and Leftandleaving like this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Purchased

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t believe I’m seeing them open for freaking Death Cab for Cutie next week.

(Side note: Death Cab is great about having smaller bands open for them, like Beach Bunny, Lala Lala, and The Beths, which I love)

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The most stacked week for me this year just got even better

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  13. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I'll be on a cruise vacation with limited internet so I'm excited for this to be my soundtrack when I return! That and blink will hold me over just enough for Menzingers shortly to follow!

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Apparently they signed to Mom + Pop Records!

15. Jake W

We still getting the album tomorrow?

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

We are getting Lili’s solo mixtape she made. The Beach Bunny album is coming next month I believe.

Jake W likes this.
  17. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Really dig best friend

19. atlas

Trusted

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Still can't believe this band went from playing DIY/house/opening shows in 2017 and last year to selling out Subterranean (which they OPENED a show at the year prior), then Lincoln Hall, and now Thalia Hall, and many dates on their headlining tour are selling out too. It's insane.

21. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

The combination of extreme talent and Tik tok does wonders to the Spotify numbers lmao

22. ItsAndrew Oct 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t really think Spotify has a ton to do with their success. Yes, they went viral on TikTok and that boosted their streams but a lot of those people on TikTok aren’t the ones who will go out to a show and see them live. Plus, they were already gaining popularity before TikTok found out about them. I think it’s been a result of their drive and passion. As mentioned earlier in this thread, they were playing tons of shows a few years ago in Chicago. I remember an interview where Lili said she was playing about one show a week, which sounds insane at first because a lot of people say it’s bad for bands to play their hometown often in a short period of time, but honestly look where it got them.

TL;DR - I don’t think it’s fair to just chalk it up to TikTok and Spotify numbers. They definitely put in the work to get where they are today.

23. atlas

Trusted

They were gonna blow up one way or another bc Lili is a genius songwriter who can write an A+ hook more easily than most people can breathe

ItsAndrew and matthaber like this.
  24. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

well i did preface it was "extreme talent" and really the tik tok stuff was mainly a joke:shrug2:.

I also just dont think getting big on Tik Tok == implying they didnt put hard work in. Their song writing has resonated with LITERALLY millions via Tiktok and thats due to their song writing abilities. Tiktok can turn an artist to #1 in the country and to say it has not affected the level of exposure they have gotten is just flat out wrong (again this isnt an insult to the band, they are one of the best bands ive heard in recent years). Their music videos wouldnt have 5 million views without Tiktok, same way Clairo wouldnt have millions views on pretty girl if not for youtube algorithm reccomending her to everyone, or same with Boy Pablo, or whoever.

25. Jake W

Did people used to moan about bands getting big on MySpace? Idk a lot of the moaning about tiktok helping them get big just feels like people moaning because they're too old to "get" tiktok

matthaber likes this.