Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beach Bunny Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 14, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Chicago based indie pop band fronted by Lili Trifilio.

They just released an EP titled “Prom Queen”. Super good live (went to the EP release show in Chicago). If you have not heard of them, definitely check them out.

2. atlas

Trusted

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Only now finally got around to listening but holy hell this is great.

DPU representing as well.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They are opening for Death Cab for Cutie at the Metro for a Lollapalooza aftershow. They’re also opening for PUP on their west coast tour. This band is going places.

I got my tickets to the Death Cab show and could not be more excited!

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. atlas

Trusted

Best band, best people

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I need new music

Mo Bounce likes this.
  7. Mo Bounce

Mo bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce

That's what's great about indie scene, there's always new bands to enjoy.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

New album is done iirc

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It is. Lili also has solo music coming out and a poetry book (that is completely written).

Leftandleaving likes this.
  10. Leftandleaving

Fuckin nice

11. atlas

Trusted

It's still so wild to me how much this band has grown even though I've been watching it with my own eyes the whole time. I was at a basement show they played in late 2017 and there was like, 30 people there? Was a total blast though, one of the most wholesome and fun shows I've been to. Anyways you honestly could have seen them like 2-3 times a month in Chicago around that time, they were just playing nonstop. Saw them in a garage a few months later that was filled to the brim, then Sports blew up, then they sold out the SubT, then they sold out Lincoln Hall, and now they're playing Lolla and Prom Queen is a viral hit song lol

ItsAndrew likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The fact that Beach Bunny was opening shows at SubT in 2017 and then sold out SubT a year later is wild. I’m really happy for them and they deserve it. I hope they do more house/small shows though.

I saw Lili at the Empty Bottle on Sunday and she was sooooo good!

13. Leftandleaving

Lili’s got a new song out and it owns

14. Jake W

When did this band get so big? They have over 700000 monthly listeners on Spotify, when did that happen lol

15. Leftandleaving

Honestly been wondering the same thing lol, seems like they blew up overnight

Jake W likes this.
  16. Jake W

Prom Queen has over 6 million plays lol. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for them, just seems so all of a sudden

17. Jake W

Ah they are in the "Ultimate Indie" playlist that has almost 2 million followers

18. atlas

Trusted

Prom Queen went viral on Tik Tok, which i don’t really know what it is but the kids are into it, so they got a huge bump from that

Snoblin, Leftandleaving and Jake W like this.
  19. Jake W

Tik Tok makes me feel so out of touch with the kids, literally have no clue what it is. Only time I've ever heard of it before is I know it's where Old Town Road blew up

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I am all for them getting big. No shade towards other bands but this band really put all their energy in playing shows and building an audience (seriously they played all the time in Chicago) which paid off. When I see bands who have been going at it for a number of years but still only have a small following and don’t play shows that often, I just think about Beach Bunny and how if you truly dedicate all you can to your band, things might just work out for you.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s similar to Musical.ly it’s basically lip syncing to songs and making your own music video of small clips mixed together, if that makes sense.

22. Jake W

I don't know what that is either lol

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

If the show I just went to is any indication, these guys are gonna blow the fuck up.

24. atlas

Trusted

they've been blowin' up B-)

Jake W and TJ Wells like this.
  25. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Didn’t know we have a thread for the queen of bops!