Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Beabadoobee – “Last Day on Earth” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Beabadoobee has shared a video for the new song “Last Day on Earth.” The song was co-written and produced by The 1975’s Matty Healy and George Daniel and comes from the new EP, Our Extended Play, due out later this summer.

beabadoobee has released her brand new single “Last Day On Earth,” the first track from her new EP Our Extended Play out this summer via Dirty Hit. PRESS HERE to listen to “Last Day On Earth,” an uplifting, apocalyptic daydream which blends her trademark 90’s-era guitar with anthemic melodies, indie atmospherics, and an infectious, lighthearted chorus. PRESS HERE to watch the “Last Day On Earth” video visualizing what Bea imagines she would have done if we had known what was ahead of us, directed by Arnaud Bresson of Division Paris (M.I.A, Rosalia, ASAP Rocky).

Co-written with and produced by Matty Healy and George Daniel of The 1975, “Last Day On Earth” and Our Extended Play were created during early lockdown in the English countryside and saw Bea collaborating on a diverse collection of new songs.

“'Last Day On Earth' is about all the things I would have done had I known we were going into a lockdown and the world was going to change the way it has,” says beabadoobee. “It was written shortly after the first main lockdown and lyrically it’s me reflecting on how it would feel if we all knew ahead of time what was going to happen. All the things I would have done if I knew it was the last day of our old normality. I wrote and recorded the EP on a farm with Matty and George from The 1975 in the countryside. It was really nice being able to create together, my first time writing and recording in that kind of setting. I wanted to experiment on the sounds and sonics even more and the EP to me has a feeling of togetherness to it... how we’re all in this joined as one.”

beabadoobee is set to embark on a run of headline shows in the UK and Ireland later this year. The Fake It Flowers tour will kick off in September, taking 14 dates across the country, including a hometown show at London’s O2 Forum Kentish Town. PRESS HERE to purchase tickets.

“Last Day On Earth” follows the recent release of beabadoobee’s debut album Fake It Flowers, a raw, confessional album with real trauma at its heart which cemented her as one of the buzziest artists of 2020. Her most mature body of work to date, Fake It Flowers documents the delicate sounds of her early EPs and captures her journey through to her huge jangling guitar anthems.

beabadoobee’s highly anticipated album Fake It Flowers was released to wide spread critical acclaim and saw beabadoobee break over 1.5 billion streams, appear on numerous “best of” lists, and garner praise from New York Times, Rolling Stone, Vogue, NPR,Billboard, Cosmopolitan, Pitchfork, Wall Street Journal, Teen Vogue,Refinery29, Vulture, i-D, Consequence of Sound, SPIN, Paper, The FADER,Stereogum, Complex, Paste, UPROXX, NYLON, and many more. Recently announced as an Apple Up Next artist and having performed her hit single “Care” on Jimmy Kimmel Live! for her late night debut, beabadoobee has been on a stratospheric rise since the release of her first acoustic songs, crafted in her childhood bedroom, that nod to her 90’s grunge heroes.

MORE ON BEABADOOBEE:
    Born in the Philippines and raised in London, Bea Kristi began recording music as beabadoobee in 2017. She has built her huge, dedicated Gen-Z fan base with her flawless output of confessional bedroom pop songs and DIY aesthetic, making her one of music's most exciting artists to watch.

After signing with Dirty Hit following her viral single “Coffee,” she toured with indie pop starClario, graced the cover of NME (who labeled her "devastatingly cool"), and received a billboard in Times Square as part of YouTube’s global artist development programFoundry. She kicked off 2020 with nominations for the BRITs Rising Star Award and the BBC Sound of 2020 as well as a performance at the NME Awards and at The 1975's O2 Arena shows. The end of 2019 also saw the release of her acclaimed third EPSpace Cadet, the follow up 2018’s Dirty Hit debut Patched Up and her stardom cementing Loveworm.
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. mit_backwards

Regular

This song is such a jam.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. thecobrakais

Regular

holy crap, that was excellent. and that video was masterfully crafted.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I realize there are many much more horrible things that happened due to the pandemic but having that The 1975/Phoebe Bridgers/Beabadoobee tour cancelled still sucks.