Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Baywatch (Seth Gordon; May 19th, 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Dec 8, 2016.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

BAYWATCH follows devoted lifeguard Mitch Buchannon (Johnson) as he butts heads with a brash new recruit (Efron). Together, they uncover a local criminal plot that threatens the future of the Bay.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This looks really bad.

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Trailers not great, but with the combo of Effron and Johnson I remain cautiously optimistic. Plus I like the idea of more old franchises reinventing themselves ala 21 Jump Street.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just don't like the idea of making Bad Boys with people in bikinis. This just looks like a Michael Bay film with people doing things they shouldn't be doing. It makes zero sense. Jump Street was fine. I just don't see this making much sense.

5. I also thought this was a little Michael Bay-ish. Was expecting it to look closer to 21 Jump Street, which is what I THINK they were going for.

6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Shit it does look like Bad Boys, dammit.

I think I'm more just hoping this is more Jump Street because those are 2 of my favorite movies and Effron and Johnson have surprised me with their comedic talents.

7. I'm cautiously optimistic.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

New trailer. This looks so dumb, but fun.

9. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

There is self-aware, there is meta; this crosses so many lines. With that said, Alexandra Daddario is in it. So, I guess it's the kind of movie that most people will be watching for the ... plot.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

To no one's surprise, this was awful. Just cribbed beats from "21 Jump Street" and hoped its star power would keep it going. It doesn't.

12. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

That's a shame. I was weirdly excited to see this.

13. I'm not going to see it in theaters but I'm interested in seeing it at home.

14. Getting absolutely destroyed in reviews

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

2/17 so far on RT. lol

Gonna make a trillion dollars.

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Any remotely funny part is in the trailer. The movie is almost two hours long. There is no reason to waste two hours of your life on this. It's inept that it doesn't even get the Hasselhoff/Anderson cameos right. The only way it's not worse that "Fist Fight" is it want outright repulsive.

17. I feel like it would have been better if we just had 23 Jump Street: Bay Watch and it was literally just Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill's characters becoming life guards

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That would be 1,000,000 times better.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Is there no hope for comedies this year? Or any year going forward?

domotime2 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Man, this seemed right up my alley. Fucking dumb, goofy humor. The Rock. Babes. But all the trailers look miserable, and these reviews aren't helping. I'll probably watch when I'm at work but ugh

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

still gonna be optimistic about The House and Rough Night even if the trailers weren't great, and Baby Driver looks funny, I think we're getting more like that that aren't comedies per se

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

"The Big Sick," maybe? Though that might be as much of a comedy. I don't know what happened with mainstream comedies, but it feels like it's just basically been a bunch of bad Apatow/"Hangover" run-off the past couple of years.

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

there's an alternate universe out there where Fist Fight and this were actually hilarious.

24. brentkid

Regular

I actually think Efron is great in comedy roles but there has been nothing in the trailers that has gotten me hyped for this. I'm also probably the only person on the planet with this opinion but I dislike about 95% of the roles I've seen Johnson in.

25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Saw this because my gf wanted to and yeah it's dumb as hell and long but I laughed several times. Not as bad as the reviews have said.