Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sincerelymejames, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Cleveland. It's still in Albany right now.

2. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Just saw its out there. Gonna listen when I get back to work. Can't wait

3. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

This is great. The songs that were already on Acoustic Volume 1 are rearranged enough on this one that it doesn't feel stale. Bayside does acoustic like nobody else does.

4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Bayside did an acoustic session on Facebook live yesterday. The three songs they played (It Don't Exist, Mary, and Sick, Sick, Sick) sounded amazing. They talked a bit about the recording process and the new tour. In all, it was 24 minutes of talking and playing, and it's well worth the listen.

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i think i always underestimate how important this band has been in my life. they were huge in my musical development 12 years ago and i still lean on their first 4-5 albums heavily. even though i dont like their last two im undoubtedly a life long fan at this point, i see them any chance i get still

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

got my hands on a leak. super super super into this version of "I cant go on." was iffy on how a full band acoustic album would sound for them but this is just awesome.

Joe4th and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  7. ncarrab Sep 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 28, 2018)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm so glad that I'll Think I'll Be OK is on this. I think it's one of the more underrated songs in their catalog that never gets talked about ever.

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I Think I'll Be Ok's rendition is definitely my favorite from this

sophos34 likes this.
  9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Really weird to me that they put Blame It On Bad Luck and Devotion and Desire on this. Would’ve rather had new renditions of other songs that weren’t on the first one.

Other than that, loving this. Great soundtrack for making coffee on this Saturday morning.

sophos34 likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

devotion and desire was always gonna be on it and I think this version of blame it on bad luck is different enough from the first acoustic to justify its existence

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

VERY stoked for this tour.

sophos34 likes this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

God I love this band, time to give cult and vacancy another shot and see if I warm up to them. Been a while since I listened to either. I remember liking vacancy more than cult but killing time is the last album I loved. I’ll report back later with how I feel about the last two

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think Vacancy holds up very well. Cult still has some MAJOR jams but overall one of their weaker albums.

In my eyes, this band has never made a bad album. One of the more consistent bands of the past 15 years.

AWasteOfATime and sophos34 like this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Vacancy is great. Cult is not great

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yeah im starting with vacancy because i remember it being significantly better, i just never returned to it. when i wanna listen to this band i always go to one of the first four albums. i used to be way more into killing time than i am now but ive gone back to it recently and fell back in love after not really digging it for a couple years.

16. sophos34 Sep 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2018)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the weather is right now for my constant listening of shudder. cannot believe its been 10 years since it came out, instantly takes me back to being 16

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yeah im halfway through vacancy, i can see myself coming back again now. amazing opening track

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

cult is off to a bad start though, not digging anything yet. feels very....low stakes and low effort. its the kind of album where i feel like they were too comfortable with where they were as a band. not that they didnt try to make a good album but the biggest criticism this band gets is that they dont change their sound up at all, which i find to be mostly false, besides on cult, where these songs sound like worse versions of bayside songs that already exist across their discog. but some of its still pretty good, this is bayside we're talking about after all

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I remember playing You're No Match for my buddy a few years ago and he was like "why does this song sound like 6 other songs mashed together?"

Something's Wrong and The Whitest Lie is easily the weakest closing of a Bayside album.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Whoa, I LOVE the whitest lie. Somethings Wrong is bad tho.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the Whitest Lie and Big Cheese are good on Cult. So at least they keep the trend of solid opener and closer. Pigsty and Stuttering are also great but I can’t even remember another track on there

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I love every Bayside opener a lot.

Boy is my favorite.

AlwaysEvolving21 and sophos34 like this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Boy and The Walking Wounded are the best

Joe4th and JaytotheGee like this.
  24. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Cult has a couple great songs, aforementioned Cheese, Whitest Lie, I personally love Hate Me

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Openers:
    Boy
    Walking Wounded
    Masterpiece
    Already Gone
    Hello Shitty
    Two Letters
    Big Cheese

Closers: