Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sincerelymejames, Apr 1, 2016.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow this song fucking rules

333 GANG likes this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Love this. Hoping for an album announcement sometime today. None of their socials have yet to recognize the existence of this song haha

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I feel weird in my reaction to this song. Maybe I need a couple more listens to it, but I don't immediately like it as much as most people seem to.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Honestly that has to mean they're announcing today, right? If it was just the single drop they would've probably said something by now.

bachna84 and 333 GANG like this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

I would think so! Typically when websites go password protected like that, they usually launch with a new layout/theme to match the new release, so here’s hoping.

bachna84 and Anthony_ like this.
  6. Anthony_

Yeah I feel like once the site goes live again they'll start the hype train.

Speaking of the album, wouldn't be surprised if this was the title track. "Prayers" strikes me as a Bayside-y enough album title. That single artwork would be fine with me as the album art as well tbh, it's really cool.

333 GANG and bachna84 like this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Very true. I could definitely see that being the record title, which I’d be totally okay with. I’ve always liked short one or two word album titles.

As for the artwork, I like it a lot, but I’m hoping for something a little bit more fleshed out using that same colour scheme. Would fit with an October release nicely haha

bachna84 and Anthony_ like this.
  8. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Damn that guitars pretty heavy for a bayside song. No complaints here, sounds great

333 GANG likes this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

I was so shocked last night when I was browsing Spotify going to throw on Acoustic Vol 2 and this popped up. What a pleasant surprise lol

bachna84, Anthony_ and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Nick and Chris were on a podcast earlier this year and said the new record would be out Q3 (guessing it’s Q4 now) and would be their heaviest record to date. We’re only one song in, but I’m guessing they weren’t lying.

SteveLikesMusic and bachna84 like this.
  11. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

It’s been so quiet that I was worried maybe they were just taking a break.

Was actually just talking with a friend last weekend about how it’s felt so long since we’ve heard new bayside

bachna84 and 333 GANG like this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

For real. @bachna84 just mentioned in the bracket thread it was Vacancy’s 3rd Birthday yesterday or the day before, and I honestly couldn’t believe it had been that long. They’re due for a new record. I realize we had Acoustic v2, but that doesn’t really count haha

sonder, bachna84 and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  13. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Might be my favorite song they’ve released since Already Gone just from the opening riff alone.

14. 333 GANG

ACAB

If this really does end up being their heaviest record, I’m fully expecting some serious Jack O’Shea riffage

bachna84 likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed

333 GANG likes this.
  16. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Whoa, was not expecting this but love heavy Bayside. Gives me KT vibes right off the bat.

333 GANG likes this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Bayside

The new site is up. No new info yet.

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Dang they went heavy on this. Digging it

333 GANG likes this.
  19. Anthony_

Nothing in the description about an album. Hm.

.K. and 333 GANG like this.
  20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

GIVE ME KILLING TIME PART 2 FORREAL THIS TIME
    CULT DIDNT COUNt

Record early next year is my guess. Hopeless gives these things long as fuck lead times.

333 GANG likes this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Damn, I hope we get an announcement soon and this isn’t too long of a wait.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Man, this new song is great. I didn’t know I missed this band this much. Major Killing Time vibes.

I wouldn’t consider this band my all time favorite but I like them enough to listen to new stuff. Funny thing is...I’ve seen this band live more time a than any other band. 16 times.

smoke4thecaper and 333 GANG like this.
  23. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Absolutely in love with this song. I think the chorus is pretty weak, but the heavy instrumentals and those verses are SOOOOOO good. Love it.

333 GANG likes this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hmmm, the fact that they are pushing this out as a new song with no mention of an upcoming album makes me think this may be a one-off.

Hope I'm wrong.

25. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Ha, this is exactly how I feel. They’re great, I always listen to what they release, but I never consider them an all time favorite band — despite the fact that we both share the same live stat: 16 shows, more than any other band I love (like Jimmy Eat World or Bad Religion)

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.