Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sincerelymejames, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I started to rank openers but then realized it was impossible. I'd definitely put Big Cheese last though. All the other openers are fantastic.

All of their closers are epic too. I prefer Moceanu maybe the most just because it's one of the weirdest songs in their catalog. Can't believe I've seen it live a few times too.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My Acoustic Volume 2 vinyl was supposed to be delivered today but the tracking still says it's in Jersey? That's a long way from Cleveland :(

3. latortuga

Regular

But how can you possibly hate on Big Cheese? Love it!

That said, Cult was my first Bayside album experience and I discovered them because of it.

Wow though, I just scrolled through the list and I think you're right it might be the worst of all the openers.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It apparently hasn't moved. Still in Jersey. Weird.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Eh, I think my vinyl is MIA. Tracking hasn't moved in days (shipped last Monday, expected delivery was two days ago) and nothing has been updated. I e-mailed the merchant and have received no response.

Great!

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

latortuga and Turkeylegz like this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I always find it strange or possibly a bad sign of the reception when a band only plays 1-2 songs off their last record. Especially when it’s the last record of theirs in 3 years.

On the bright side: we’re probably getting a Bayside record in the fall!

latortuga and contra11mundum like this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Eh...it's a festival show and they weren't headlining and as you said, they're not promoting Vacancy any longer...so in those instances...you're mainly just going to get the hits/popular songs from their discography. The bigger shock to me is playing three songs from Cult in a festival/non-headlining setting.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Very ready for a new Bayside record. This band can do no wrong in my mind.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Fair enough

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Someone posted in the tour forum that Bayside was planning a 'special tour' for 2020...which would mark their 20th year anniversary as a band.

sonder likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

:sigh:

I’m getting so tired of anniversary/album tours

15. 333 GANG

ACAB

I know Anthony isn’t huge on doing full album tours, but I could see them putting together some anniversary setlist with fans voting on a few songs from each of their records. That would be really cool.

16. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Always down for new Bayside

17. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'm down for whatever gets me "A Synonym for Acquiesce" live. I need to see them play it once before I die.

sophos34 likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just put on Cult for the first time in years and this record is better than I remember.

danielm123 likes this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Bear With Me (minus the dumb wordplay) is such a great song.

20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Whenever the next record comes, the artwork better have a border and have the bird logo somewhere on it. I will riot if they ever break that pattern.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Likewise...And Anthony has been very vocal in the past about not doing them. I believe they've played a few shows where they've done an album front to back, but never a cross country tour surrounding a full album tour.

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I discovered Bayside during The Walking Wounded cycle supporting Anberlin on the Cities tour.

12 years ago.

Crazy.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

but at the same time this is a band thats been in it for a while (like a NFG) that has to find ways to drive people to their shows so I could see them doing like '2 albums each night' style tour for their anniversary

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anthony has made it clear he doesn't want Bayside to make a thing out of full album tours.

Bayside Looks Back At 10 Years of Being The Walking Wounded | Riot Fest

“We’re only doing seven or eight shows, and we’re playing smaller venues than we usually do,” Raneri explains. “It’s a celebration of the record. We want to be absolutely clear that we’re not cashing in on nostalgia. We haven’t needed to. We’re really proud of that fact.”

sonder likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, don't think Bayside is big enough anymore to pull off a 2-nights in each city kind of tour...unless they're playing super small venues (300-500 cap.)