Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - Vacancy Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, May 29, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yooo im skimming self titled dude tortures of the damned was the ANTHEM for every teenager who grew up in the mid 00s

CAC3, popdisaster00 and Larry David like this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i go on binges with this band every few months and today i sparked another one by learning all their songs that are tuned to d standard or drop c, which is most of sirens

Larry David likes this.
  3. "I hate myseeelf more than I ever let on..."

I remember discovering Bayside from hearing the intro to Tortures of the Damned on a Victory Records Sampler CD that came with the Hawthorne Height's album and when I heard that, I was immediately hooked on them lol.

sophos34 likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i got a victory sampler with one of the HH albums too but i think it had devotion and desire or montauk on it, thats how i got into them haha

Robk and Joe like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

my ranking makes it seem like i think they got worse with every album but thats not even the case until killing time imo, arguably cult

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Cult is honestly the only album I dislike from them, I really enjoyed Vacancy

but I'm also weird and Shudder is my favorite of theirs

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Self-Titled
    Walking Wounded
    Shudder
    Sirens
    Killing Time
    Vacancy
    Cult

One of my favorite concert memories was seeing Bayside at The Stone Pony playing a MySpace Secret Show with The Almost and The Starting Line. They just walked up on stage and Anthony immediately started playing the opening riff to Montauk without saying a word and it was just such a cool way to start a set. At least 15-year-old me thought it was at the time haha

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Killing Time tour Anthony started the show with a solo Blame it on Band luck and then the entire band joined him mid song and that was pretty cool.

sophos34 likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this band is so incredible live. really sad i couldnt see TWW tour last year but i saw them do all of self titled in 2015. and i saw them on the vacancy tour. and one other time in 2011.

10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Killing Time is my favorite Bayside record.

11. Amazing live band but they don’t switch up their setist enough for me to care about seeing them every time they come to town like I used to. Very rarely do they throw any curveballs.

S/T
    Killing Time
    Cult
    TWW
    Shudder/Sirens
    Vacancy

Ranking subject to change depending on the mood, except for Vacancy. That’s the only one I straight up dislike

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This thread being bumped convinced me to listen to Vacancy again today and I just don't like it. I like everything up to it though and will definitely listen to whatever they put out next!

13. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Killing Time is my fav and Shudder is in the two spot so I have far different Bayside tastes than most people

14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Threw this album on this AM and really enjoying it. Been quite a while.

Been almost 3 years. That’s a pretty big gap for typical Bayside cycles. Hope we hear something about a new album soon!

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think they were writing for a new album before they released Acoustic 2 because they were saying it was heavier than normal and that recording the acoustic album was a nice change of pace for them.

My guess is we'll see something in Winter or early Spring plus there were rumors in the Tour thread that they were doing a big tour next year (probably a 20th anniversary tour).

contra11mundum likes this.