Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - Vacancy Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, May 29, 2016.

1. Yellowcard2006 Aug 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2016)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Got my best buy pre-order today. The CD is the same packaging that was used for Trash Boat and Somos's new albums (liner notes and CD tucked into a pocket together)

I like the album. Only part that's kinda weird is how many times Anthony says "Reeeal big shiit in this shitty town" in Rumspringa. I think he could have thought of something better for the lyrics...

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think Rumspringa is by far the worst song on the record and one of the worst songs they've ever put on a record.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I like this record more and more with each listen. "Mary" is SUCH a good song. Ghost & Doesnt Make it True are also very very great.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Rumspringa is really bad, but it's the only low point on this album thankfully

5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Mary was co-written with Chris Carrabba...possibly part of the reason it's a stand-out. Saw that in the liner notes.

6. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

He seemed to really fall in love with the word "shit" on this record.

FTank likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I could probably do without songs 3-6 but I'm sure at least one or two of them will grow on me. This albums back-end is loadedd with great tracks.

8. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I noticed this too. Not bothered by profanity at all but it seems out of character for him. Maybe trying to add some edge or something.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

"Mary" and "It Doesn't Make It True" are my favorite songs. Agreed w/ "Rumspringa," which I immediately felt was the album's one gaffe. It's tolerable and I don't skip it; just not on the same level as the rest.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Bayside going for that 'Parental Advisory' sticker!

11. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I had kinda of written off Bayside after Cult. Maybe it was just because I was getting older and didn't connect with their music like I used to. Vacancy is surprisingly awesome though. Only one listen so far, but this album holds up with the S/T, TWW, and Shudder. Feels like it would have fit perfectly between TWW and Shudder actually.

It really made my Friday to hear this and reconnect with a band that meant so much to me in HS/college.

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"Mary" might be the song this band has ever written. Totally incredible.

13. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Mary is so good

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Bought the album after work today and am on my 3rd listen right now. Early favorites: Two Letters, It Doesn't Make it True, Not as Depressing. No song I dislike. Think this album will really grow on me upon more listens.

Can't wait to see them live for the 11th time on Wednesday.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

"It's Not As Depressing" may be Bayside's best closer...at least TOP 3.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  16. Mclusky30

Yep, this is a Bayside album.

In the best way possible though.

17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Love this. Mary, Ghost and It's Not As Depressing faves on first listen. And I guess I'm the only one who likes Rumspringa lol. Jack's solo may have most to do with that though.

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

That's how I feel too.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was just thinking how insanely good all their album closers are. My personal favorite is Moceanu, then Whitest Lie followed by Killing Time.

Mclusky30 likes this.
  20. Mclusky30

Killing Time is easily my favorite Bayside song.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I like Rumspringa too. Listening to it as I type this

slimfenix182 likes this.
  22. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The solo is great and most of the song is okay, just really can't get past Anthony taking a REAAAL BIG SHIT at every chorus.

JimmyIymmiJ and FTank like this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's Not a Bad Little War is their best song

JBoch, smoke4thecaper and JRGComedy like this.
  24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

FTank likes this.
  25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Transitive Property is close though