Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - Vacancy Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, May 29, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I hate that I can't pay the band $10 directly to hear the album right now, but I CAN pay Apple.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Gonna wait the ole-fashioned way and buy this on iTunes next week then probably pick up the vinyl at the show on the 24th if they're selling them at their booth. Can't wait.

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Kind of lukewarm on this after the first listen. Really has the kind of "same-y" feel to it that Cult had, although I think this is an improvement on that album.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

There last couple of albums have been growers for me, especially Cult. I've really come to like it. The first three songs released from Vacancy have had the same effect on me. Didn't love them at first, but find them all stuck in my head after a few listens. I expect I'll enjoy this album because I've never not enjoyed a Bayside record.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This album is much more diverse than cult, not that that's saying much

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

One of my favorite bands, been listening since Sirens and Condolences, have seen them 20x or so. Cult was a big misfire for me apart from "Big Cheese," really the only Bayside album I didn't come back to at all. Curious to see how Pretty Vacant will do...gonna wait till after the Apple Music exclusive.

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I wasn't rly planning on listening to this but that last single was awesome. When this is some where that isn't Apple Music I'm gonna be all over this

8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Great record

9. fishguts182

Regular

Listened to this on the way to work this morning, liking it better than Cult so far.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

After first listen, the new album reminds me of killing time and shudder. Ghost is an early favorite.

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yeah better than cult but they still have a really really bad case of writing the same exact songs over and over again. i swear ive heard these melodies, structures, etc. a thousand times from them before.

Robk, Contender and FTank like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i was just about to say every single one of these songs couldve fit on either shudder or killing time

13. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

Wish this was streaming elsewhere, no way I'm getting involved with Apple Music to hear an album I already paid for.

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Only through one song and I'm already rolling my eyes... I wish for once they'd write something I hadn't heard a thousand times.

15. CoffeeEyes17

I'm happy with this I feel like it's just enough of a progression to make me happy

16. CoffeeEyes17

Said happy twice in the same sentence but fuck you I just woke up

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, this does absolutely nothing for me. Sounds 100% like the band on autopilot. I don't see any need to listen to this again when their other albums exist.

At least Cult had a few memorable melodies.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I enjoy the consistency of these dudes. They remind me of Yellowcard's consistency.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

Yep

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Like the album, but The Ghost is just No One Understands... right down to the key change on the 3rd chorus.

21. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Wish I could listen to this.

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yellowcard has changed far more in their career than Bayside

23. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

On first listen now... slightly distracted by work, but I liked the singles. Nothing else has grabbed me yet but I'll listen more on my lunch. Def getting Shudder vibes.

24. CoffeeEyes17

Meh, not reeeeally. I mean, maybe a little more but not far more or anything like that. Bayside have incorporated some pretty interesting elements into their music. Ska, a little goth rock, stuff like that.

25. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Anthony's vocal delivery is the main thing that keeps me coming back.