Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside to Release ‘Vacancy’ in August

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

slickdtc, Dan O'Neill and JRGComedy like this.
  2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yes.

Was just thinking about when they'd have a new release.

3. Didn't see this coming at all. Cult had like, zero lasting value for me haha. I don't dislike it really, but can't even remember the last time I put it on. Hopefully it's not a sign of me just being over this band.

pauljgreco and InfiniteArms like this.
  4. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

yaaaassssss.

5. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I was never sure if the band said Cult was their best record because they had just released it and had to promote it, or because they genuinely thought so. It did nothing for me, apart from maybe 2 or 3 songs. Hopefully the new album is better, can't wait for the official announcement on Tuesday.

6. CMilliken

Trusted

I played Cult quite a bit when it came out. Don't think I revisited it at all last year. I'll have to in the next couple of days.

7. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Besides the first 3 albums, they've seemed to be an every other album band for me. Since I wasn't into cult, I'm thinking this one I'll dig. I'm really hoping so at least haha.

8. Raku

Regular

Bummer, I was hoping it would be a spring/early summer release.

9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Does every band I listen to have a new album this year? Not that I'm complaining...

Now I just need to see some news about new Saves The Day. ;-)

10. billyboatman Apr 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2016)
    billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Stoked. I love when they release new stuff. Hope this is good.

11. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

I almost... almost wish no more releases were coming this year. sweet christ what a year!

Brodobaggins34 and fenway89 like this.
  12. joshuaharris

Awesome! Wonderful news.

13. DesolateEarth

Birb

Awesome! I am in the majority that really enjoyed Cult and can't wait for what they have in store next.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. For the first time I'm not even excited about it. They need to change it up because their sound has become stale.

Robk likes this.
  15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Always excited for new Bayside!

16. Jake Z

Regular

Stoked for this.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Bayside to me has probably been the most consistent band I've listened to over the past decade. They're not one to change up their style, but that's OK sometimes. They found something that works and stick to it. I really liked Cult (although it was a grower for me) and am really looking forward to this.

18. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Used to be a big fan of Bayside, but have to admit not being too excited for a new release...feel like I've already heard what's coming.

19. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Couldn't agree more.

20. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

What a year for music. So hyped.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully this is more Killing Time than Cult.

22. TDenverFan

Regular

I keep forgetting they were recording. Cult almost felt like a final album to me, with the references to their past releases and whatnot.

23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Bayside is a conundrum for me. They keep releasing the same album over and over again. And normally I'd get tired of that.

But I always love them.

24. It was really exciting to be at this concert when they announced this. More details should be coming tomorrow.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Definitely excited for this.