Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside: The Walking Wounded 10th Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jun 13, 2017.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

A friend of mine went to the Philly show tonight. Before playing Walking Wounded the band played:

Devotion & Desire
    Call To Arms
    Montauk
    No One Understands
    Have Fun Storming The Castle
    Sick, Sick, Sick
    Mary
    Think I'll Be Okay
    Blame It On Bad Luck

2. Grato

Regular

Are they skipping Thankfully and Popular Science or is setlist.fm wrong

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty solid pre-set

I'm assuming setlist.fm is wrong

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i get that they have to play D&D, but if i never saw them play montauk or blame it on bad luck again, it would be just fine. same with sick sick sick. they have so many other songs I wish they would give live life to. aside from Mary and Think I'll be OK, if this was my shows pre-WW set, i wouldn't be thrilled.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

4 songs from Shudder is awesome. I'm more excited about that than TWW haha

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Probably. They literally sent me a picture of the set list. So unless it deviated from what was printed on the set list...

7. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

This. So much this. "Montauk" is a great song, but let it rest for a tour or two.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Does anyone need two tickets for Irving Plaza tomorrow?

9. Pats12Sox34

Regular

Saw this last night in boston. I love bayside and I've seen them countless times. Partially because it's the paradise but last night felt very flat. Show ended before 9:45 so yeah bayside played for roughly 70-75 minutes. But for almost $30 we definitely should have gotten 2 albums or a second support band.

Again love bayside just would have preferred more/longer show

10. Grato

Regular

Bayside said last night was the longest set they've ever played at an hour 45

Shudder and WW songs were all mixed up too

11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ugggghhhhhh. Good show? Was it full? Can't believe they didn't sell it out.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Mixed up? Like, they didn't play them in order? That's kind of a bummer, if true.

I was thinking the other day, if they did what a lot of bands do when they do reunion shows, (5 or 6 'greatest hits' then the album) I could see a lot of people leaving after Landing Feet First, since Thankfully, A Rite of Passage and Popular Science are huge hits for them at all (although I personally love them).

I noticed on setlist.fm, they played TWW first then a set of other songs (I think originally they were doing set of songs, then TWW).

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

playing TWW and Shudder essentially on shuffle is super annoying IMO.....they played 5-6 "hits" then played TWW at my show which was fine, but i would have wanted to see Shudder in order since you'll probably never get it again.

14. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I've experienced shows when bands played two complete records front to back, and I've been to shows when bands shuffled the two album's songs together. I've personally preferred the latter.

I saw Alkaline Trio perform two albums front to back (Agony and Irony and From Here to Infirmary), and it was pretty underwhelming the entire first half of the set. Things didn't really pick up until the second half of the set when they got into Infirmary. However, when I saw New Found Glory play two albums in one set, and they mixed the two albums together. This created a much better atmosphere in the crowd, and there was much less down time during the not-so popular songs.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

New Found Glory has done that for their album release shows.

It all depends on the albums being played. If all the hits are at the beginning of each, a lot of people would flood out.

16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Call To Arms
    Have Fun Storming The Castle
    Think I'll Be Okay

^
    YES YES YES

pauljgreco likes this.