Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside: The Walking Wounded 10th Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jun 13, 2017.

1. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Vacancy is one of the best wtf

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

No way

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I would say Cult is their only bad album

4. TMS2787 Aug 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

I didn't realize that Shudder was an album that fans enjoyed so much. I personally was never a fan of it, I actually really hated it when it first came out. No matter how many times I listened to it. Maybe it's time for me to go back and revisit it.

I also don't think Cult is very good and I do enjoy Vacany and Killing Time.

Has the band announced if any of the other shows will have a second album played in its entirety? I've been kind of out of the loop the last week and a half, lol.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Cult is their worst album by a lot

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I actually really like Cult. Its a fun album front to back. I like it more than Vacancy, which isn't a bad album.

But Shudder is my favorite of theirs followed by Killing Time. I didn't think anything would take down Walking Wounded, but those two albums did.

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

It took me like...25+ shows to see my favorite Bayside song live: "Talking of Michelangelo." Literally no one in the crowd even reacted, except me, who was losing all of my marbles.

8. AlwaysEvolving21 Aug 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2017)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Also, I remember getting this Alumni magazine from my school thinking "Hey that cover is sweet". Then....I saw the cover art for Killing Time when they announced it and thought...."Hey, now thats pretty cool....wait a minute!".

149114_521548337764_4700227_n.jpg

sorry...realized this was in the tour thread and not the band thread.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Trusted

I honestly love all their albums. If I had to pick a least favorite, it'd be Sirens. But Shudder, Cult, Vacancy and any other album being talked bad about, I love.

10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Sirens - Will always be my favorite, probably because it's the one that I heard first. It also has my favorite song, "A Synonym for Acquiesce."
    S/T - Wonderful from beginning to end. It's the perfect blend of everything I love about the band.
    Wounded - I don't enjoy this album as much as most Bayside fans. I still like it, but there are some songs on it I don't care for.
    Shudder - It was different, and I love that.
    Killing Time - It's angry. It's heavy. It's melodic. It's Bayside.
    Cult - The album I listen to least. I loved the return to the "Bayside is Cult" concept though.
    Vacancy - Much like Shudder, this album was different. It's still Bayside but with a twist. A new way to enjoy the band.

Each Bayside album is probably in my top 30 of all time list (maybe except for Cult). Bayside will always be my favorite band. Also, I wrote way more than I intended to write.

11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Killing Time > Walking Wounded > S/T > Shudder > Vacancy > Sirens > Cult

12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Prestigious

if it werent for Shudder i'd still probably not even consider Bayside worth checking out. It was tthat album that made me go "hmm... oh, so they're not just another scene band?"

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  13. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Same. Sirens has always been my least favorite Bayside album and it seems to be a very controversial opinion with big fans of the band.

It's not bad, but they got so much more refined after that.

God bless Beatz, though. He was a big part of the spirit of those early days.

14. ncarrab

Trusted

I like Sirens, but honestly, barely consider it a Bayside album. Anthony didn't write any of the lyrics and Jack was the only member on the album. It'll always be ranked last for me.

15. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Pretty much this for me. Killing Time is untouchable. Wish they could go back and make another album with a producer like Norton because that album is so top notch. Still remember being at Comerica, Prince Fielder hits a home run to right field, and amongst all the excitement I hear the stadium blasting the opening riff to Already Gone. Such a cool moment for me.

16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

The tour started tonight in Baltimore. I've found videos of them playing Evelyn, I Think I'll Be Okay, and Have Fun Storming the Castle in addition to all of the (obvious) Walking Wounded songs. I'm digging the deep cuts additions.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Rad that they're playing some of those Shudder songs! Curious to see how many songs they play in addition to the Walking Wounded cuts...

18. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Vacancy might be my favorite Bayside album, and I'm a huge mark for all of their records so that says a lot. Part of it is a time/place thing because it came out a pretty important time for me and I connected with it. The theme of trying to rebuild your life while being stuck in a shit situation hit home for me.

Stoked to see this at Riot Fest.

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Realized this week that I double booked the double album show with Arcade Fire at MSG next week...bummer...

20. Sean Murphy

shut your pretty mouth and eat a mustard cookie Supporter

seeing them Saturday on long island, hoping to get an encore of an additional album, but deep cuts are always great.

21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Hah. Geez. The problem with stock photos.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh those deep cuts sound awesome, I'm bummed I'm missing an actual date of this tour. Riot Fest aftershow should be cool though

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm bummed about missing the "regular" date too, but it's because I'm seeing the Descendents so... I'm not too bummed about it.

The one bummer about the Riot Fest aftershow is that they'll probably be doing a support slot (45 minutes) but still. Hoping they pepper the set list with some of the Shudder stuff! I'd be so stoked on that!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  24. ncarrab

Trusted

Was a setlist from last night's show actually posted? I don't see it anywhere, including setlist.fm

25. TMS2787

Trusted

Nahhhhh