Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside / The Menzingers / Sorority Noise Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 26, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Looks like the Menz have been swapping Gates, Sun Hotel, and Mexican Guitars. Oh my god I hope I finally get to see the last one.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They used to play together all the time. I would LOVE to see them together. The Flatliners are the second best current punk band behind The Mezningers in my opinion

cubsml34 likes this.
  3. MexicanGuitars

Took off a few songs from the end of Bayside, based on past setlists I think they had to cut a couple for the festival. The room had massive ceilings and carpet and was not great for sounds but they still put on a stellar performance. So happy I got to see Sinking and Swimming on Long Island.

Menz were awesome per usual, even my dad dug em hard lol. Sun Hotel got worked into the rotation so Mexican Guitars will elude me to the grave. Picked up Chamberlain Waits finally since Killing Time had sold out. Not too happy with some of the crowd who were going a bit too hard in the pit for the band, at a suburban beer fest though I guess it's too much to ask for anything different.

4. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

mexican guitars might be my favorite song so i hope i get that tonight

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Got my tickets for Santa Ana! The Menz played an awesome show here with MWY last year and I haven't seen Bayside since Warped 09. Sorority Noise should be fun too.

6. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Can anyone get pics of Menzo's merch? Just curious what they're carryin.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

8. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Thank ya. Really bummed I didn't pick up the embroidered logo shirt they had.

9. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Chris Cresswell was at the Toronto show, maybe hashing out tour plans? ;-)

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My brother went to the 350 Beer Fest date last weekend. He said it was a shit show. It was in a strip mall and insanely hot and the kegs were tapped pretty early on before most people could use their beer tickets. You think a brewery would have been prepared for that. But he said the bands were all great.

12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I was under the impression the 350 beer fest was at a convention center type of venue. Maybe I misread the flyer. Sucks the logistics were a mess. That sounded like a cool event.

13. MexicanGuitars

Yeah those are basically both pretty accurate. It was held at a convention center, and after I left the Menz' pit about halfway through my dad was already in a massive food line commenting on how half of the vendors had run out of beer. By the end of MxPx and right before Bayside, maybe 6 or 7 vendors had beer, two stalls of which were the 350 people. If I wasn't there primarily for the concert I certainly would have been pissed.

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

How was the attendance?

15. MexicanGuitars

Kind of hard to pin down, but I'd say between 500-700. Not everyone was interested in the music, so a lot of people were hanging in the very back of the center where a lot of the speciality beer collaborations were taking place. The price point I imagine turned off a lot of casual fans or those who understandably couldn't fork over $47 (or even $40 for the 18-20 year old/DD ticket)

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  16. johnnyferris

Santa Ana tonight. Can't wait to see Lookers live.

17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Dream. The Menzingers/Joyce Manor/Microwave

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That'd be something

19. johnnyferris

Show was a good one last night. Lookers/Thick As Thieves sounded great and I can't wait to see those songs on a headliner where everybody knows them. Also got Nice Things and Mexican Guitars (sorry @cubsml34 ).

It's been seven years since I lost saw Bayside, but they sounded way better this time around. Lots of Walking Wounded/Self-Titled songs so it worked well with my casual listening of them.

cubsml34 likes this.
  20. MexicanGuitars

At this point I'm just gonna block out 2022 for the 10-year anniversary tour for OTIP.