Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside / The Menzingers / Sorority Noise Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Would switch out My Friend Kyle for almost any other Tom song off of RW, particularly Sentimental Physics or Hearts Unknown. Dig that they're playing the Shakes though. Really good set considering I've gotten jaded to them headlining and their discography expanding even more. One can hope for a deep cut off CW like Tasker-Morris Station or No We Didn't though

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Also Bayside playing Sinking and Swimming on Long Island is awesome. Only one song from Shudder, not so much, but I'm biased so I don't listen to a ton of their stuff before then.

4. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Bayside's set list is such a bummer. Not playing Already Gone or They're Not Horses, no Tortures of the Damned. Ughhhh.
    Another note - surprised they're not playing more Cult songs. I'm not complaining, I just thought they would play at least 3 from it.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Menzingers play Gates almost every tour, I'm okay with it being off this time.

Thay Bayside set is great. Glad that they finally changed it up this time!

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Anyone have a Sorority Noise setlist?

8. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

I saw the headliner in Tampa, this is not in order and may be missing things or inaccurate, I was pretty loaded up on mead beforehand, but at least it's something

Rory Shield
    Mediocre at Best
    Dirty Ickes
    Blonde Hair, Black Lungs
    Blissth
    Corrigan
    Fluorescent Black
    Using
    Mononokay

They teased a cover of MCS Her Words Destroyed My Planet (first verse) and played either a new song or a cover I wasn't familiar with, didn't catch which.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked that Menz are playing The Shakes! I love that song. Other than that it's a pretty basic set

Bayside set is pretty surprising as well

10. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

JETLY is a nice addition. I know they play it every once in awhile, but it was the first Bayside song I fell in love with. I'd be happy to hear just about anything off S&C that isn't Masterpiece.

11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I like that Menzingers set. Glad Lookers is getting played too, that song is beautiful.

12. Morgan

Morgan

Wonder what the merch looks like on this tour

13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Do I stay for Bayside? The question that's been on my mind for months now.

14. Jose

weightless in the valley

Maybe stay for a few songs and see how you like their live show. Anthony came down into the pit at the end of their set to play an acoustic song before they finished at my show. It was fun and energetic, didn't enjoy it as much as the Menzingers but it was enjoyable.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've seen Bayside 10+ times now (will see them on the 24th) and I think they've maybe played Tortures of the Damned once in the times that I've seen them. Horses was a staple in their set around 2007 and 2008 but I haven't seen them play that live in probably 5 or 6 years now.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Was torn on going to see this especially cus sorority noise isn't at my stop, but that bayside set looks pretty good to me and it's been ages since I've seen them so i think I'm sold now

17. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I love you, Bayside. You're my favorite band, and I'm grateful every day for the Bayside bird on my arm. That being said, I'd be okay if I never ever heard Montauk again. You have so many awesome songs, maybe put that one away for a while?

Sincerely,
    A big fan

kidinthebushes likes this.
  18. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I have seen them play Horses multiple times, and I just really love the other song. I got bummed because they're my 3 favs and they're not playing any of them??? What can ya do

19. AdamB

What is thick as thieves off of?

20. Jose

weightless in the valley

It's off "After the Party"

21. Morgan

Morgan

Anyone here going to Boston?
    I'm making my way there from NY and I am curious of how parking goes.

22. EOTCDXVI

Regular

That set seems a decent amount different than their usual set, which is honestly just their most popular 8-15 songs depending on whether or not they're the headliners, plus maybe one wild card thrown in there like Tortures of the Damned or Phone Calls From Poland.

I've seen them a ton of times and like what i'm hearing from the new albums but not sure i'll be able to get to this. Already have tickets to Emo Night in Brooklyn on Friday anyway haha.

Joe4th likes this.
  23. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

If Bayside is playing "Just Enough to Love You" then that's enough to get me out to downtown LA on a work night.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My show is a week from tonight and I'm starting to get super stoked about it. I've seen Bayside 10+ times and I'm trying my hardest to avoid seeing the setlist in advance but from their Instagram I can see they're playing On Love, On Life, which is one of my faves (and I've never seen it live) and from the comment above I'm seeing Just Enough to Love You...that's awesome.

While they do typically play the same songs from ST and TWW, I've also had the pleasure of seeing them play some deeper cuts a few times throughout the times I've seen them (Moceanu 2 x which is by far my fave song from Shudder, Alcohol and Alter Boys, A Call to Arms, Dear Tragedy, Existing in a Crisis).

Again, haven't seen the setlist (and don't want to yet) but I'm wondering if once the new album is officially released this weekend, if they'll start plugging in some newer songs in place of the older typical songs. We'll see.

25. You definitely going to this?