Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - The Interrobang Club Tour w/ Sincere Engineer & Capstan Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

That's awesome! Means a lot to hear that :heart:

JaggySnake83 likes this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

So the set list is good, however there is one song missing that I feel is criminal:

white flag

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

OK yeah that setlist does look great

4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

It 100% needs White Flag. It would be okay if they traded Numb for it.

5. SteveLikesMusic

Hot take: trade devotion & desire for it

Sean Murphy likes this.
  6. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I've seen them 21 times now, and they've played it every time. As much as I'd love that haha, there's no way. The room popped the fuck off last night when they played that.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. withchappedlips Nov 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2019)
    withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

This place likes to take shots at bayside’s setlists, but every time I see them they pull something out I haven’t seen before, and it seems like I’ve seen quite a few songs of theirs over the years. Like any band that’s been around for a while, they play many of their staples, but I feel like they do a pretty good job of pulling deep cuts out. This tour in particular has a couple great ones.
    Also, maybe I’m wrong and people don’t complain about their sets?? But I feel like I read it a lot lol.

8. DerekIsAGooner

That's a good point. I can honestly say that the setlist I've seen for this new tour is the best setlist they've put together in years.

9. SteveLikesMusic

Waiting outside in Rochester, freezing our balls off, They’re sound checking white flag !

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Had fun with @JaytotheGee in Grand Rapids last night! Usual Bayside crowd gripes aside, the band was the happiest I've seen them in a long time and sounded solid. Sincere Engineer was awesome too!

11. SteveLikesMusic

Update: they’re still not gonna play it just yet, they said that was their first time even sound checking it , still haven’t practiced it enough

12. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

It is wild how the album is a few weeks old but so many people know the songs already. Bayside fans are dedicated.

13. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Agreed. I think this is the first time I've seen them where the setlist wasn't mainly self-titled and TWW heavy. Never seen them play a few of those songs live before, and the new songs sounded fantastic and made me like new record even more than I already do.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They were great in Grand Rapids on Saturday. Closing with Numb was dumb though. They should have closed with Bury Me if they wanted to close with a new one

All the new songs got great reactions and it was really nice to see a different set from them although as much as I complain about them always playing Montauk and Masterpiece it did feel weird without them

Spent wayyyyyy too much on merch lol They had so much cool shit.

Also Sincere Engineer rules super hard and I can't wait for them to blow up

15. DerekIsAGooner

How has the local opener gone over at these shows? So much was made about the contest, but I haven't seen many people talking about what the reaction has been like for the winning band opening each show.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

In GR on Sat, doors were at 7 and show was at 8. They posted set times with the local playing at 750 but I walked in at 755 and they were done lol

ALT/MSC/FAN and DerekIsAGooner like this.
  17. DerekIsAGooner

Ouch. But now I know when I should get there for my date in Los Angeles.

18. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

The opener in Chicago (from Iowa lol) only played 15 mins of their 20 min set. So they drove for 4-5 hours to not even play their full set time. I missed them completely because the server was taking forever to get us our checks in the bar, but Sincere is actually from Chicago so we still technically got a local haha

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

In Grand Rapids we left the city before 10:30 and it was amazing.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I got home at 2:59am which was beautiful

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Does anyone need tickets for tonight in Brooklyn?

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Saw them tonight for the hometown show and they were incredible. so cool to have Just Enough to Love You in the set, as well as Megan.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Not ONE song from Vacancy?

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

25. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

They were playing "I've Been Dead All Day" but looks like they replaced it with "Megan"