Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - The Interrobang Club Tour w/ Sincere Engineer & Capstan Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Honestly just hoping for some setlist variety for once.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

speak it into the universe

3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

We've (justifiably) beaten the setlist refresh thing to death on this forum but I'm hoping how reinvigorated they sound translates to a more dynamic show.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

If they just played the full album back to front (plus some old hits) I'd be totally fine.

mattfreaksmeout and Sean Murphy like this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

give me an Interrobang play-thru and some cuts from Shudder & Killing Time and I'll go to every show in my tri state area

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, this is one of those rare new albums from a band that I'd love to see in a full album playthrough format out of the gate.

7. J12

Trusted Supporter

While I obviously don't anticipate they'd play the whole album, I do hope this is one of those tours that does go heavy on the new album. Like, 6 songs would be nice.

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

My guess would be around six songs as well.

Interrobang
    Prayers
    Bury Me
    Numb
    Tall
    White Flag

9. DerekIsAGooner

I can see them doing a small acoustic break with Peanut, It Don't Exist, and Heaven.

10. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Just no "Medication", pls.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Bummer that theyre dealing with so much shit for this but part of me thinks what did they expect lol

12. DerekIsAGooner

I think it makes perfect sense to let small bands try and play venues if their cities aren't on the tour. Also, if a band got chosen for a date and you think it's unfair you can totally get to the show early and let that band know what you think.

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Shoulda just let the local promoter deal with adding a local. Make it known that there’d be a local opener on each date, but let the promoter submit bands for the band to choose from.

Edit: the band who “won” our local date made a post saying they had been DQ’d and didn’t wanna talk about it. Great idea by Bayside, but the execution was a mess

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is a perfect example of: 'we'll offer to do something really nice that could change your life' and the response has unfortunately been: 'BUT YOU AREN'T DOING IT THE WAY WE WANT YOU TO"

DerekIsAGooner and tyramail like this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

cameoutswingin likes this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think its a little unfair to put the blame of why this got so fucked up squarely on the band, though, they did have to know that leaving the entry/voting process solely to the public would probably, not go as anticipated.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I mean...there was no way in hell it was ever going to be perfect, and whoever lost out would likely get angry and with anything, there's always the chance of things getting ugly...BUT...they could have done nothing at all. Even for the bands that didn't win...they still got a ton of exposure that they wouldn't have gotten before that.

18. DerekIsAGooner

If this inspires other bands to have similar contests and those bands prefect the voting process then what Bayside did will be even more worth it.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, alright, maybe this is a shitty look

8CC6DA71-5AFD-4BF2-8492-35AF5820880B.jpeg

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

How so?

Again...what did people think the outcome would be? Everyone would win?

Sounds to me like there are a lot of sour grapes from the bands/fans that didn't win and now they're taking it out on Bayside. Unfortunately, we live in the era of if you somehow don't get what you want, then an explanation is demanded. Life doesn't work that way.

The band stuck out their hand when they didn't have to - to give bands a chance that they normally wouldn't have - and now they're getting viscous attacks online.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I never thought the band was at fault really, but to turn around and be like "we dangled this nice opportunity out in front of you and there were shitty people on the internet that took advantage of it and if you don't like it maybe you're not cut out to be in a band" just seems like a shitty way to look at it/advertise.

22. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

For the Chicago date, a band from Iowa who just started less than a year ago and has never played in Chicago won somehow. While that's frustrating for the bands actually in the Chicago scene, the silver lining is that I do think it was cool to see the bands in our scene all voting for each other and promoting each other and stuff. Just wish an actual local won haha.

JaggySnake83 likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That's not what Anthony said in the screenshot you posted...In fact, didn't the band specifically state they were doing - to the best of their ability - everything they could to disqualify bands who were suspected of cheating? The podcast I linked to earlier today, Anthony goes into great detail as to what was going on.

Again...not all 1,000 bands were going to win. If anything, win or lose, it gave ALL 1,000 bands much more exposure than most could have dreamed for.

Anthony/The band are probably sick of taking shots from the losing bands after they tried to do something good for ALL the bands that submitted.

Good for them.

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  24. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Yeah like, I'm sure they're personally getting a lot of bullshit because half these bands probably felt entitled or are just being sore losers. That's more of what Anthony is referring to I'm sure.

I'm seeing a lot of bands in the Chicago scene getting discouraged since the winner is from 200+ miles away. While yeah I'm bummed about that too, I'm more just happy to have been part of this and grateful for the fact that we were in like 7th or 8th place out of the 50+ bands in the running. My whole band is still gonna go to the show because we love Bayside and we're happy they're doing something like this for their tour.

And Sincere Engineer is actually from Chicago so we still technically get a local band anyways haha

ncarrab likes this.
  25. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

That's the spirit. Plus, i saw your band a few monts ago and it always looks like you guys are trying to push the scene forward so thank you for that.

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.