Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - The Interrobang Club Tour w/ Sincere Engineer & Capstan Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Sep 23, 2019.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

We swapping votes in here yet? Vote for Signal Versus Noise here and I’ll vote for your band

PORTLAND — Bayside

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Don't have a band but voted for your band!

jjnunn118 likes this.
  3. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

My friends band From States Away is in the running for the NYC show - show them some love if you can (and stream their latest EP I Swear This Light Won’t Fade because it slaps)

4. jimmyjazz39

Regular

vote hopper pond for NYC. my band is playing a show with them soon and i would love to see them get this show. ill vote for whoever u want if u vote for them
    NYC — Bayside

5. jjnunn118

Oof there are so many bands in that NYC one. Will check out both of those bands though

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

jjnunn118 likes this.
  7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

You’re in this band? Man it’s wild when I learn these things about users I never knew even lived in Portland, let alone I jam their band every once in awhile

8. jjnunn118

Yeah I’m the bassist and 2nd vocalist! Thanks for listening!

tyramail likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like the whole contest for local bands to open all the dates is kind of stupid, because honestly, a lot of people going to Bayside shows are there to see Bayside (and perhaps Sincere Engineer/Capstan too), but no one is going to check out some likely unknown local band. People are just going to likely show up after the local band plays. It's different than an all local show or a show with a smaller touring band.

Oddjob likes this.
  10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

There's always one :eyeroll:

Morgan likes this.
  11. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Why you so mad? What's so bad about supporting small local artists instead of having a small, unknown band open? By your standard why even have Capstan or Sincere Engineer since most Bayside fans don't know them?

Everybody has to start somewhere and considering their fan base consists of local bands its not a bad idea. Even if most people show up late its going to expose these bands to a new crowd even if its just a few fans who show up early to drink. Also for 3 band tours the crowd tends to not show up as late than for tours with 4-5 bands. Don't be such a negative Nancy! My only gripe is that it seems like the votes are easy to manipulate so its not as fair of a contest that it could be.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

there is absolutely nothing stupid about giving smaller unknown local artists a chance to play in a big room in front of people they'd likely never, in support of (likely) one of their favorite bands. idk why you felt the need to even post this.

maryp1603, Joe4th, bachna84 and 2 others like this.
  13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

What a bad take. Yikes.

tyramail likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It was just my two cents. I’m sure I’m probably at least partially wrong here but I just felt that it won’t be beneficial to a lot of the bands. But hey, what do I know.

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Every show in front of a new audience, no matter how big, is always beneficial to smaller bands.

Joe4th, sawhney[rusted]2 and tyramail like this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s very true. I guess now I retract my previous post.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

No matter who the first band is at any concert on a three or four band bill is likely to be playing for a way smaller crowd than anyone else for the rest of the night.

If anything, this contest may ensure a larger attendance seeing as people going to these shows are voting for the bands (meaning, they've checked them out beforehand and liked them enough to vote for them).

Not to mention, because they are hometown bands, it will probably lead to more people getting there early to check out a band from their own hometown - regardless if they voted for them or not.

I'm flabbergasted at the take.

18. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

For anyone who votes for the winning band, I think you probably feel at least a little compelled to get there early and check them out. For example, I really hope Calmgrove wins for the Los Angeles date. They're who I voted for, and if they do win I'd want to see how they sound live. Under different circumstances, I definitely wouldn't get there early if I knew some local band was opening.

On the flip side, if another band wins I may not get there early, especially if I didn't think they sounded very good.

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

People will do the same thing they've been doing since the dawn of time. They will see who wins, listen to the band, decide if they like the band or not, and plan accordingly.

20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I can’t speak for other cities, but Portland usually has a pretty good crowd that gets to shows early. So this is cool.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Whether you go to shows for the openers or not (I personally do not 90% of the time) it's ridiculously silly to say that it's 'kind of stupid' for an established band of 19 years to give a local unknown band a real, authentic shot to increase their exposure.

Joe4th likes this.
  22. cameoutswingin

Regular

Not to keep going off on this guy but its likely that the botb winner is more known in that area than Capstan of Sincere Engineer. So with the same logic that no one will care, why even have any openers for any tour?

But a real potential issue with this is how to deal with fake votes that some bands are probably using. And how to distinguish between multiple real votes from dedicated fans on multiple devices everyday vs votes that u paid a guy on fiverr to do the same or votes that you have a bot doing? Are votes even a good way to do this? ( or is there more to it then just votes i forget what the rules said)

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I think the voting system is super flawed, but I think that can be expected when you set something like this up. It's been brought up in this thread before that you can't really fault the band for their fans if they're the ones cheating or being shitty, but it's super lame if a band is paying for clicks or something like that getting bots to do the work.

24. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

That took me a minute hahah

DerekIsAGooner likes this.