Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - The Blue EP (March 17, 2023) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog Fish, Feb 1, 2023.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

The one thing I've really taken away from all of these new songs is that Anthony might sound better than ever

2. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I was thinking this too. He really does sound great. I still think Go To Hell is one of the best Bayside songs in a while, and that’s saying something because Interrobang was awesome

anotherpancake, Dog Fish and 333 GANG like this.
  3. 333 GANG

ACAB

Go to Hell and Good Advice are both top tier Bayside imo

4. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

They apparently can’t find a place for Good Advice in their most recent live set. Can’t imagine going to a Bayside show and them not playing that one.

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i think these are their best songs in years tbh

333 GANG likes this.
  6. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That ranking lost me at "Skip It: It's Not As Depressing As it Sounds"

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Telling people to skip Guardrail and Moceanu is grounds for being deported.

333 GANG and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Cult at #4 is baffling

333 GANG and ncarrab like this.
  10. TDenverFan

Regular

I always thought Cult felt like a best of album with only new songs. Like everything on that album was generically Bayside, albeit solid enough.

8. S&C
    7. Shudder
    6. Cult
    5. Bayside
    4. Vacancy
    3. The Walking Wounded
    2. Interrobang
    1. Killing Time

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Bayside
    Killing Time
    The Walking Wounded
    Shudder
    Interrobang
    Sirens and Condolences
    Vacancy
    Cult

Top 6 are pretty much interchangeable for me on any given day. Vacancy is good, but a notch below all of those. Cult is fine, but pretty easily their weakest

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We're really doing this?

anotherpancake likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The good news is that the article is originally from The Hard Times so take it as seriously as you’d like haha

333 GANG and WadeCastle like this.
  14. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

JRGComedy and 333 GANG like this.
  15. 333 GANG

ACAB

WadeCastle likes this.
  16. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Interrobang #1. Case closed.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Weren't we supposed to get a 3rd EP?

18. Dog Fish

Mutt

As a full-album fan, it hurt when Anthony conceded that they were basically doing the ep thing for the algorithm.

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I've said it in here before but I absolutely hate the EP release model.

Dog Fish likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hopefully the next thing we get from them is a full album release (with all new material). I know when they released the first EP, they talked about doing 3 EPs and then releasing all 10 songs as one album, but if they stick to that plan, some of these songs will have been out for nearly 2 years - so that no longer makes any sense.

When I saw them over the summer Anthony said after their summer shows they were going back to finish their record. I don't know if that meant a 3rd EP or a full album.

Either way, I think it's fair to expect some new music during the first quarter of 2024.

21. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’d still be fine with them putting togerher the 3 EPs if only to have them all consolidated under one release in my library.

and for rankings of course

22. TDenverFan

Regular

Their Spotify Wrapped "Thank you fans" video (IDK what to call it - basically the short videos you see from the bands you listened to most) mentioned that they would have new music in 2024, but it didn't say in what form.

I don't mind the EP thing, but I do wish they came out in a quicker cadence.

23. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

My biggest problem with the EPs is that 66% of it is released before the actual release date. They've been so so good though. Really hoping for a full release in 2024

24. Dog Fish

Mutt

Coming soon: new lp featuring Ice Nine Kills on every song

mmhmm likes this.
  25. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Lol I just want more new songs…it’d be good to hear what their mindset is at this point in their career.