Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside / Say Anything / Reggie And The Full Effect / Hot Rod Circuit Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by thisisnotbrianm, Jan 9, 2017.

1. meggers

Trusted

Reggie and the full effect has a 6 or 7 song set. I lost count cause James kept telling stories. Definitely seemed like more people were there for Bayside than Say Anything tonight.

2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Bayside should definitely be playing more Vacancy and less old stuff.

pauljgreco and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Was Bayside's set longer last night, assuming they headlined?

4. meggers

Trusted

Say Anything closed last night, both played 16 songs. I don't remember Bayside doing the cover though.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Interesting, I thought they were alternating nights to close.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Now that both are playing Riot Fest and I don't care much about the setlists I'm fully ok choosing to drive an hour and a half to see ETID instead

7. meggers

Trusted

I think it might've been since Dallas is kind of Max's hometown they let him close.

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

the venue tonight seems to be listing bayside as the headliner.

@meggers were the sets the same last night? Really debating going to this since tickets are $32 after fees and I've seen both bands so much / am going to riot fest

9. meggers

Trusted

Yes except I don't think Bayside did their cover. I couldn't tell you what they replaced it with though.

10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I've said it before and I'll say it again here:

"Montauk" is a fantastic song, but I'd be okay if they never played it again. It's in every. single. setlist. There are so many other songs that I want to hear.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  11. MegT585

Trusted

Did anyone go last night? Curious if Say Anything is actually ending up closing every night.

12. Jerihoar

Regular

Any one have set times yet?

13. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Just saw that Say Anything is playing The Presidential Suite on this tour. I highly dislike Bayside but if that song stayed in the set each night, I will literally find a way to go to this show just to hear that live.

14. meggers

Trusted

My show started at 7:30 and Reggie went on at 7:30, Bayside around 8:30, and Say Anything around 10.

Jerihoar likes this.
  15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Our show doesn't start 'til 8. And then Emo Night is at 1030. I'm assuming the show will get out and a large number of people will just shuffle down the street. Fuck, that's gonna be a late night.

16. Jerihoar

Regular

Reggie & The Full Effect: 8:00
    Bayside: 8:55
    Say Anything: 10:15 PM
    For tonight's show

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if this has been pointed out, but SA is probably closing every show because Anthony has to get to the other venue to DJ the Emo Nights.

18. TDenverFan

Regular

According to setlist.fm Bayside isn't playing the same setlist every night. They only have 2 setlists up, but They added in The Whitest Lie and (Pop)ular Science, taking out the cover, I've Been Dead All Day, and The Walking Wounded.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was literally just coming in here to post about this...I would LOVE to see The Whitest Lie and although (Pop)ular Science isn't one of my favorites (I do like it though), respect for them changing things up and digging into their catalog.

20. TJ Wells Apr 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2017)
    TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

They played "Boy" the last couple shows, for anyone bummed about no Shudder songs.

pauljgreco likes this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I just don't understand the logic behind playing ONE song from your newest record. The band that I want to dig through their old catalog (Say Anything) really isn't, and the band I wish would play more new stuff isn't.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It is honestly beyond baffling to me that they're only playing 1-2 songs off Vacancy. Maybe they don't like it? Anthony talked about all last year how personal the album was to him and he was in a real dark place writing it, so maybe he just doesn't enjoy playing it. Also, it didn't do well at all. I think it was their lowest charting album since like 2005. It's still really weird.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

That's a bummer, I really like it. It's the album that finally got me into the band. I'd love to hear "Enemy Lines" live.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I saw them last summer, about a week after Vacancy had come out and even then they only played 4 songs off the record (Dead all day, Pretty Vacant, Mary and Two Words). Definitely odd.

25. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Going to this tonight! Really hope Bayside plays the set with "(Pop)ular Science". One of my favorite songs in the band's catalog that they never play live.