Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside / Say Anything / Reggie And The Full Effect / Hot Rod Circuit Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by thisisnotbrianm, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'm still trying to understand this who emo night thing but it does seem like Emo Nite LA is the big one.

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I don't quite get the appeal either but it just seems like the scene version of a bar's "80s Night".

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1489800922377.jpg

5. Grato

Regular

6. zachmacD

Trusted

It's actually a lot of fun. I'm not a fan of going to bars really anymore but I went to emo night in philly and it was the most fun I've had out in a while. If you're a fan of mid 2000's music, they play a bunch of different stuff like Just Surrender, Senses Fail, Hit the lights, Taking Back Sunday, and they don't just play the singles either. I remember hearing Bike Scene by TBS when I last went. It's also a lot more chill so if you're looking to go grab a drink with some buddies and don't feel like bar hopping, I highly recommend it.

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Jealous of those that get to see Hot Rod Circuit. Pretty cool of Say Anything to return the favor to HRC now that they are the bigger band.

angrycandy likes this.
  8. marissalg

Trusted

I can't believe that the Buffalo show sold out already.

9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I agree, I went to the one in Portland in January and I'm going next Tuesday again. It was a blast, super fun to just sing along when the entire room knows basically every single song played. I went to the emo nite LA one though, I wasn't even aware Brooklyn had one until a few weeks ago. May check out the Portland date for that as well.

10. devenstonow

Noobie

tour split of some sorts posted today.

say anything covering they're not horses they're unicorns
    bayside covering night's song

11. MegT585

Trusted

Link?

12. devenstonow

Noobie

It's on Google Play Music at least, no idea about Spotify or Apple Music

MegT585 likes this.
  13. TMS2787

Trusted

It's on Apple Music, you have to look them up separately by artist. Pretty good covers. Bayside posted the 7" will be on red and /500 sold on the tour.

14. TMS2787

Trusted

15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Really like bayside's cover.

16. MegT585

Trusted

The Bayside cover is wayyyy better than the Say Anything cover. Which sucks because "they're not horses" is my fav Bayside song and was excited to see how Max would cover it. Oh well.

pauljgreco likes this.
  17. MegT585

Trusted

This starts tonight. Excited to see what setlists look like.

18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I really hope we get a setlist today or tomorrow so I can know if it's worth going on Wednesday. I feel like both bands are known for bland setlists.

19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I would also love a setlist. I have a super busy weekend the date this is here so I'm trying to debate if I really want to squeeze it in.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Bayside, sure. I don't know how anyone could call Say Anything setlists bland though. They change them pretty substantially every tour, always throw in some deep cuts, and keep it generally pretty fresh. This tour I'm particularly excited to see what Max comes up with, since it's In Defense's 10 year anniversary (unless he has something planned later this year).

Unless of course by bland you mean he doesn't play a bunch from IARB.

GEM37 likes this.
  21. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Still bummed I missed SA's tour last year, that setlist was killer!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  22. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Setlist is up for Bayside already, I think it's pretty good

23. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I wish their setlists were still heavy on killing time songs

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Bayside setlist has sixteen songs.

25. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, those sets are pretty good. I was worried, because like others have said, both bands are 100% capable of crafting shitty setlists if they're not careful.