Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - Interrobang (October 4, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Sep 19, 2019.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I will never understand the dislike for Cult. I think its one of the better album from them. It has huge guitar riffs and solos. The album always blasted me away while in the gym too. For awhile it became my go-to gym album. I've always been a fan of the choruses on it. The album is good'ol Bayside and, imo, way better than their earlier stuff. I definitely like it wayyyy more than their most recent one too.

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It's incredibly one-note and feels like Bayside on auto-pilot. Nothing about it stands out to me and it just runs together. It's just a band middling through another album and felt like a band trying to make a Bayside album rather than Bayside making an album. There's like three songs I like from it. It's just incredibly boring to me.

withchappedlips likes this.
  3. Big Cheese rules

4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I like Cult more than Sirens

5. Sirens is my least favorite but it also still rules

pauljgreco and contra11mundum like this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So frustrating to hear. Thankfully, I was able to make out most of what he was saying lol

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think Sirens is for sure their worst record but Cult is a close second.

contra11mundum likes this.
  8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is my feeling as well.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

For the life of me, I don't get all the Sirens hate.

333 GANG likes this.
  10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

they're a terrifically consistent band. they dont have any records that I dislike. I come back to sirens, cult, shudder less than the others but they're still good.

333 GANG likes this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

I maintain that this band doesn’t have anything even approaching a bad record. Some are better than others, sure, but these guys are super consistent top to bottom

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They're EASILY the most consistent band that I've been listening to over the past 16 years and I don't even think it's close.

333 GANG likes this.
  13. Joe4th

ETID is by far the most consistent IMO

bachna84 and Sean Murphy like this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah most consistent band imo absolutely goes to ETID

bachna84 and Joe4th like this.
  15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I put Bayside, Silverstein, ETID in a catergory of bands that have consistently chugged along putting an album out every couple years and never taking real hiatuses/periods of inactivity, and have maintained quality over all of their records.

also they should tour together, that would kick ass

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think maybe my hottest music take is that Shudder is my favorite Bayside album

Shudder
    KT
    WW
    S/T
    Sirens
    Vacancy
    Cult

mattfreaksmeout, 333 GANG and Joe4th like this.
  17. Joe4th

Swap Sirens and Vacancy and I agree

Sean Murphy likes this.
  18. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think he ranks Sirens low because he didnt actually do lyrics on that record.

333 GANG likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah Sirens had a completely different lyricist who was also the bassist. The only Bayside album without Nick on bass

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

KT > Shudder > S/T > WW > Vacancy > Cult > Sirens

I haven't spent much time with Sirens at all other than Masterpiece, for what it's worth.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's been a while since I've ranked Bayside records so I'm not even sure how this stacks up against my past rankings but fuck it, here's how I'm feeling today:

TWW
    S/T
    Shudder
    KT
    Vacancy
    Sirens
    Cult

I think I used to always put Sirens last, but going back to it within the past year has really made me appreciate it more. I guess I'll put Cult last, but I still really, really like it.

I feel weird ranking their albums because I love them all so much.

333 GANG likes this.
  22. 333 GANG

ACAB

I feel like I’ve already posted this in this thread, but I have a very good feeling Interrobang will end up somewhere in my top 3 (maybe 4) Bayside records. S/T and TWW are almost untouchable for me just based on the nostalgia attached to both of them, but I could see Interrobang pushing Killing Time to the four hole. Super excited to hear this.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I am listening to Shudder again for the first time in a good while and I really forgot how much I love it honestly.

333 GANG likes this.
  24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I'm not going to say that shudder is bad but i did find the main band pic they used during that era and omfg [​IMG]

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh man