Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside - Interrobang (October 4, 2019) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Damn...this charted at 109 on the Billboard 200...which is like, by far their worst charting since self-titled in 2005.

2. momo32t

Trusted

Is it possible the soft release helped or hurt this number?

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't know...they seem proud of the other chartings...although other than the vinyl one, I'm not really sure what those mean. For instance...apparently there is a difference between normal Rock Albums Chart and Current Rock Albums Chart.

4. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yeah I feel like the 2 week promotion might not have helped. Still, compared to all the albums that never see the billboard chart that is still very good.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Here is their Billboard 200 Charting history, for those interested:

Sirens: N/A
    S/T: 153
    Acoustic: 200
    TWW: 75
    Shudder: 52
    Killing Time: 35
    Cult: 24
    Vacancy: 69
    Interrobang: 109

I remember being shocked at how low Vacancy was when it was released.

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This is pure speculation, but I think this band stopped picking up new fans a whileeeeeee ago.

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Guessing current means debut, like first week albums? Idk first I've heard of a "current" chart lol

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

they seems pleased with it, which is maybe all that matters?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. slimfenix182

Also it was weird I went to Target and Newbury Comics the day after release and neither had it for sale. Had the girl at Newbury look it up and she said it was on order and they'd get it in a month?

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'd honestly be floored if I saw this at Target.

marsupial jones likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

They had Sum 41 at release which was on Hopeless so I thought they might have that too. But if Newbury didn't I wonder who even did lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

yeah, don’t get me wrong, I highly doubt they expected huge numbers and they’re 19 years into their career releasing their 8th album so ultimately it doesn’t really matter for them but it’s still so weird to see such a steep decline in numbers/charting.

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i mean theyve said it time and again that the way they make money is via touring and theyre selling out a ton of dates on this tour and then doing the 20th anniversary tour next year so
    I think they're OK for the moment

latortuga likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The charts have changed a lot since even Vacancy. It's all about streaming now and Bayside is not going to compete on that level. Plus the short rollout is not going to help pre-orders. Realistically, the same pool of people are coming out to Bayside shows now. What matters is making a new record that connects with them so they don't only come out for the nostalgia tours, and they've succeeded there.

Micah511 and momo32t like this.
  15. slimfenix182

Yeah Bayside is in a group of like TBS, Sum 41, etc that will never sell well again but seem pretty locked into doing well touring

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Basically a legacy act and that's not a bad thing

17. latortuga

Regular

I became a Bayside fan between Cult and Vacancy. There are dozens of us!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Literally every headlining bayside show I’ve been too has been sold out. Observatory/House of Blues size venues too. I’ve seen them more than any other band I don’t even consider them a top favorite band of mine haha

19. kupe

Regular

I had only ever listened to The Walking Wounded (and seen them open up for Gaslight at Convention Hall) and liked it but probably hadn't listened to it in a few years, threw this on and WOW. After my third time through I was wondering if people thought it was as good as I did. I LOVE this album. Definitely gonna dive into the rest of their catalog.

latortuga and Colby Searcy like this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Bayside rarely sell out shows here in Toronto. They played a tiny dive bar here on their acoustic tour last year and it was only 2/3 full.

21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Still think this is their best album after like 50+ listens. Holy shit.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Shudder sets the bar for me with this band. I just love their experimentation with it while still having classic Bayside rippers.

I love Killing Time too, but I can confidently say this tops it. I see this album as Killing Time on Red Bull. Its a great gym album too.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I really love this record but I don’t think it will top Killing Time for me.

24. 333 GANG

ACAB

This is probably third behind S/T and Walking Wounded for me, but I’ll be the first to admit this is probably a better record than those. Those are my top two on nostalgia alone, and I don’t foresee that ever changing.

Third, however, is nothing to scoff at, as I love every record this band has put out. This is great.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well, all I can say is I did my part by preordering the vinyl and will be going to their tour in December when it hits San Francisco.

This is easily my favorite record of theirs and will absolutely be in my top 5 for AOTY. It's just so good.