Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside Full Band Acoustic Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ncarrab, Aug 24, 2018.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Didn't see a thread for this yet. Got my ticket for Cleveland!

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

See you in Los Angeles. I’m so stoked this is at the Troubadour.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Might try to swing Detroit. I've always wanted to see what full band Bayside acoustic would be like.

4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Turf club?? Hell yeah!!!

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anthony was interviewed by Billboard and he talked about the acoustic tour:

To complement Acoustic Volume 2, which comes out Sept. 28, Bayside is setting off on an acoustic tour on Nov. 24 of small, intimate rooms that rolls into February. The group is bolstering its instrumentation with an auxiliary piano player and percussionist, and Raneri promises some of Bayside's other material will get the same kind of "reimagining" as the Acoustic Volume 2 tracks. "It's not gonna be just playing our songs on acoustic guitars," he says. "For people who have seen us 30 and 40 times, it's gonna be something they've never seen before."

Bayside Premieres Stripped Down 'Sick Sick Sick,' Details Upcoming Acoustic Tour

6. DerekIsAGooner

This stood out to me from that interview. "Vacancy" was a fantastic record, and I really appreciated the change in tone. That being said, "Killing Time" is one of my favorite records from any band, and that album gets really heavy and emotional. I think, above everything, I appreciate that they're going into the record with the thought in mind of doing something different and not producing the same sounding record as the last one.

7. SEMUSIC

Considering going to this in hopes they'll play some deeper cuts instead of the same old, same old. Which I assume considering the track listing on this new acoustic EP. I'll probably be going alone though if anyone wants to meet up at the Detroit date.

Drewski likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Even if they play the same old, same old, it'll be a completely different style, set-up so it'll be like no other Bayside show you've ever seen regardless.

9. Brian Schantz

Very excited for this tour to start, cannot wait to see setlists

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m seeing them on Saturday. They just went live on Instagram and weren’t using any microphones...

Bizarre.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think the power is out?

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Confirmed power outage. They still played their set in the dark and with nothing plugged in obviously and no microphones. What an experience that had to be. I'm avoiding setlists, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the two songs that they did on Instagram Live. Not sure if they chose to do different songs due to the power outage though.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was supposed to go but didn't because of the snowstorm (and also because I was tired) and now I'm really bummed

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm sure it would have been an awesome, surreal experience to see live, but it did not make for a good Instagram Live watch, haha. It was dark and you could barely hear anything.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I saw Incubus like 10 years ago and when they did "Pardon Me" acoustic the vocals went out and all the crowd sang it together. It was amazing.

16. SEMUSIC

Going to the show tonight most likely alone, person who was supposed to go with me ghosted on me, anyone going?

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone go to this yet? Without giving away sets, how has it been?

18. SEMUSIC

I went on Tuesday night, it was really good, it was nice seeing them acoustic but with a full band, set list was good some deep cuts and the classics they usually do. Opener was good and she also played violin, keys, and did backing vocals for them, she was very talented, all in all a good time!

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's weird, I've seen Bayside a dozen times and was originally really excited to see this acoustic set-up because it'll finally be something different (although I've also seen Anthony solo twice) but now that my show is this weekend, I kind of wish it was a typical show. I love the energy at Bayside shows, the last time I saw them they were firing on all cylinders. I'm also going with a few people who have never seen them before and kind of bums me out they won't get to see their typical live show energy.

How long did the opener play for? And what time did Bayside go on? My show is late, opener goes on at 9, I think. My guess is Bayside around 9:45 or 10? I can't imagine much state set-up between sets.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Went on Saturday and it was pretty cool. Opening the set with Moceanu was such a treat and the Oasiscover was honestly maybe the highlight of the night for me. All and all it was a cool experience, but I'd definitely rather see them in a typical full band performance - even though I've done so a dozen times already.

21. Going to the LA show tomorrow. Excited.

22. DerekIsAGooner

Me too!

[​IMG]

Joe likes this.