Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside 20th Anniversary Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

bkaeser93 likes this.
  2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This sounds fun!

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Bought my Cleveland ticket!

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i hope that, when they say 'career spanning set' they really reach and bring out some deep cuts. I'll be slightly disappointed if this is a standard Bayside set but they grab something from like Sirens & Condolences to say they had a deep cut.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It already worries me that there are four bands on the bill...meaning they probably won't have a lengthy or extending amount of time as the headliners.

And the term 'career spanning set' is interesting, considering every show for every band is...career spanning.

To be honest with you, I don't expect much out of the ordinary from them, but excited nonetheless as it's been four years since I've seen them (non-acoustic).

Sean Murphy likes this.
  6. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Got my ticket for Chicago.

I hear your skepticism though. Honestly, HH and SF made this a no brainer, just seems like a fun show. Though I'd really love like 3 songs per album, and maybe one of the three is a true deep cut - like Kellum or Half a Life, etc. It would be cool for me to hear cold and blue and lifeless for the first time in about 15 years though.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It'd be sweet if they did 3 songs per album. The expected hit/single, one they've never played (or barely play) and then a third random one each night.

Won't happen, but that'd be cool.

theasteriskera likes this.
  8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

For a 20 year tour you'd think they'd have less openers to have a longer set/dig deeper into the catalog.

9. michael_gatto

Trusted

Yeah, I'm really curious to see what the set looks like for this. If it's a standard Bayside set that would be pretty boring.

10. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Stoked for this stacked tour! I'm a big fan of all four bands and haven't seen any of them in awhile. Hope Bayside pulls out a diverse setlist but not holding my breath. Roseland is kinda bjg for this, but at least it won't sell out so I don't have to buy tickets for awhile.

11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Show #19, sure why not? HH is alright, but not really into SF. Just really hope they pull out some real deep cuts. Staying optimistic!

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

This tour is an amazing lineup. HH and SF together sold me, been wanting that for a while. Bayside is the sweet cherry on top

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Last time I saw Senses Fail was in 2015 when they opened for...Bayside
    Last time I saw Hawthorne Heights was in 2010 when they opened for...Bayside

I thought SF was pretty bad when I saw them in 2015. I stopped listening to SF after Life is Not a Waiting Room (I liked those first 4 albums) but they lost me when they turned to the real heavy stuff. I remember their set being on the very heavy side. Like, not recognizable at all.

I barely remember HH's set 10 years ago.

This may be the rare show that I get to early and watch at least two openers, although I wouldn't be mad if I missed them either.

14. BTDandFeelingThis

Should brush up on their new stuff. SF nailed it with their last album, and HH is like peak quality right now tbh and also did great on their 2018 album

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Probably a rare chance to see HH do a non-album set before they go back to celebrating half-year anniversaries.

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I gave both a shot when they came out and never went back to either one. I'm sure I'll give them a few other spins as I get closer to June.

17. BTDandFeelingThis

Every time I’ve seen HH it’s been non album sets...they don’t do those often

18. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

bachna84 and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  20. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

21. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Senses Fail either have either gotten better or are much better when you know what to expect. I was really disappointed when I first saw them on warped tour 8-9 years ago. But I’ve been enjoying them a lot ever since the Sum 41 tour a few years ago. Two of my favorite sets from Riot Fest last year.

22. michael_gatto

Trusted

To the people in here that still actively listen to Hawthorne Heights: I fell off after If Only You Were Lonely, where's a good place to start in checking out their newer material? Best records/songs?

23. BTDandFeelingThis

Skeletons is good. Their HURT ep and Bad Frequencies are great. I’d start with those two

theasteriskera likes this.
  24. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I'll most likely make it to this. What a fun lineup!

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Despite not being a big HH fan, the other three are homerun, solid live bands, so I'm planning on going!