Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bayside – “Pretty Vacant” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

'but I don't have the balls' is not something I thought I'd hear in any Bayside song ever...

This song starts off great, but kind of loses itself once the chorus kicks in. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

3. MattNCheeze

Trusted

If anyone cares, Anthony did a really great interview with Shane from Silvesrtein on Lead Singer Syndrome here. He goes into details about Vacancy

cubsml34 likes this.
  4. bloodinthesand

Regular

keeps with my thoughts that they cannot write a bad song

Jake Z likes this.
  5. Jake Z

Regular

Really good song, digging the Weezer guitar vibes.

6. TDenverFan

Regular

Not a big fan of the chorus, but this album definitely seems like it's gonna be more diverse than some of their other stuff

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I really like this. The guitar work feels a bit less showy, which is nice, although I do hope there's some really good riffs on this album. I'm excited for the album.

8. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Reminds me a lot of "Sinking and Swimming on Long Island," which is one of my favorite Bayside songs. I dig this song, and I'm still really excited for the new album.

9. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

One of my favorite episodes of this podcast so far.

buckcheeks likes this.
  10. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

They've been one of my favorite bands for 11 years and their super early album announcements still bug me. Love the song though.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I remember them announcing Killing Time 4 months in advance. Killing Time was a Feb release and they released Already Gone in October.

12. buckcheeks

Regular

I'm glad I listened to this awhile back or I'd have no idea that this song is literally about what Anthony is/has been going through recently.

Such a great interview.

13. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

It could have fit perfectly on Shudder. Great track.