Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder, March 25th, 2016) Movie • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I see your point. I guess I just don't care about that potential distinction, just in that it was effective to me either way. Whether he happened to be nearby or whether he only came nearby because of it. One is more heroic than the other when it comes to motivation though. To me, both could easily fit Batman/Bruce. Given his actions in the rest of the film, I would lean towards agreeing with you that he only went nearby because he already knew about the destruction.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. drewinseries

Drew

What I loved about that scene was when he ran into the oncoming smoke as everyone was running away. To me it kind of blended Bruce to Batman, or where Batman, Bruce's true self, took over.

3. Don't think anyone here is a big enough fan to fork over $124 for this, but Amazon has a limited edition box set that includes Man of Steel and BvS Ultimate Edition on blu-ray, DC Collectibles Batman and Superman figurines, copies of the first appearance of both heroes with 1938’s Action Comics #1 and 1939’s Detective Comics #27, and 6 collectible trading cards.

[​IMG]

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

If they waited until SS and WW were out and included, maybe. I already own those though....

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

and maybe if that revised the artwork/cover. With all the cool possibilities to cloak that thing, you go with the ugliest option. Same with the blu-ray. Yuck.

6. Davjs

Trusted

I agree. There was a ton of awesome promo images and posters that came out the last few years but the covers are terrible.

airik625 likes this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

started a thread for Affleck's solo Bat-film.

Davjs likes this.
  8. heh

Davjs likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

That was really really cool and really well done. It's funny that Zack did that himself, but he's pretty big star wars fan. He better be keeping his focus on his movie though!

10. NitrateDawn

Regular

Remember when it was rumored that Snyder was going to make a Star Wars movie? Lol that would have been awful

bradsonemanband and Greg like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

I never heard that. I think it would have been the most well shot and had the most awesome action in any star wars movie to date. Would have been awesome. Disney wouldn't have let the plot issues that plagued BvS fly so I couldn't see it not being great.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. I love VXF reels. I'm always surprised by how much vfx are actually used. A lot of it's pretty obvious, but the more subtle uses still elude me, which I guess is better for my viewing experiences.

13. Davjs

Trusted

I still think MOS was snubbed for best effects the year it came out.

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like Beauty and the Beast could potentially top Batman v Superman's opening weekend.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. Boycott seems to be working. lol.

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha. Crazy if it ends up passing Harry Potter as well.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

18. Davjs

Trusted

19. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

This man shouldn't even be allowed to talk.

20. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I bet he still finds Dane Cook funny.
    Those quotes... dear lord.

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

22. drewinseries

Drew

I think it just his massive misunderstanding on the character. He's got great imagery, just not good at storytelling.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He's bad at directing too. Really he's only good at trailers. BvS was absolute amateur hour directing.

awakeohsleeper and drewinseries like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

TIL Zack Snyder didn't direct Sin City. Huh.

Davjs likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

:hearno::seeno::speakno: