Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder, March 25th, 2016) Movie • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think the scene was awful though. Obviously when Batman heard the name "Martha", it made him hesitate because it was his mother's name, and obviously his mother's death is the whole reason why he does what he does. I just don't buy into the idea that it's some horrific scene that ruins the whole movie...

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It's a poorly constructed scene in general. It doesn't ruin the movie though. There are far bigger issues.

Davjs likes this.
  3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

How is it poorly constructed though? What would you have done differently?

4. Greg

I would have done almost the entire movie differently.

5. Davjs

Trusted

The scene was very well done. I think the way it resolved without any explanation ruined it. After he put the staff down, there should have been some conversation instead of just being best friends. Ben's performance in the "Why did you say her name" scene was intense and very well done.

Joe and Letterbomb31 like this.
  6. Greg

Again, it all comes back to the script. And how bad it was.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Somewhat related. I never realized how many things Snyder recycles.

Tim likes this.
  8. Greg

Just saw this dropped. About to watch it.

9. Davjs

Trusted

100% agreed. I liked everything else in the movie so much, I explain it as having an awesome world built and awesome stand alone scenes that don't gel together because of script issues. That keeps me from straight up saying the film is terrible because to me the good outweighs the bad.

Very true and they got Malin's acting on point lol. To be honest though this is a pretty bad honest trailer, usually they point out really good flaws in the story but this one seemed to talk about Dr Manhattan's package and the comparison to BvS too much like there isn't anything really wrong with it.
    I'm too scared to watch :-O

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I hate those "everything wrong with" and cinemasins videos. Are they the same people? Regardless, rarely do their criticisms actually address filmmaking and storytelling, they're just (bad) joke machines that barely dip a fingernail into the surface level of something. They're empty entertainment, which would be fine, except then people use them as actual points of reference for critiquing movies, and that's just worlds offbase.

DeviantRogue and Davjs like this.
  11. Morrissey

Trusted

They are very hard to watch without ending it before they are finished.

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The Martha scene sounded ridiculous to me before I saw it, it really didn't bother me at all after I watched it.

Davjs likes this.
  13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Honest Trailers are the only "honest" YouTube clips I'll watch b/c they're actually funny. Cinema Sins and Everything Wrong are difficult to make it past a minute or two. Unfunny and boring, IMO.

awakeohsleeper and Davjs like this.
  14. Greg

See, that's exactly why I lean towards calling it a bad movie. The script is the core of the movie. Bad core=bad movie, in general. I am sure someone can name some exceptions that I would agree with. But generally it's true.

and

It's a good sins video. I enjoy them even for movies I really like. When it's for a movie I have lots of problems with, they are even better.
    Cool story.

Then don't watch them?

15. Greg

They are highly entertaining, IMO.

Davjs likes this.
  16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

They're moderately entertaining but ultimately it's just a bunch of nitpicking

17. Greg

It varies from nitpicking to pointing out some of the worst parts of a movie.

18. I like the Martha scene, though I agree a conversation afterwards would've been nice. To be fair, they didn't really ever have time for a conversation, with all the Martha Kent and Doomsday stuff going on.

Honest Trailers and How It Should Have Ended are always entertaining whether I liked the movie or not. The CinemaSins/Everything Wrong With vids are a pain to get through from the little I've seen.

19. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

CinemaSins is overbloated with things that are nitpicky or highly subjective.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  20. Greg

Dear lord. I didn't realize silly/fun videos irritated so many people.

Moving on.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Davjs Aug 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2016)
    Davjs

Trusted

I'm in the camp with not really liking Everything Wrong With, but just because it's not my brand of comedy. But that's just it, it's just comedy, not a serious film critique. That being said, Honest Trailers and How it Should Have Ended are amazing even if their last videos haven't been up to par. Honest Interstellar and Hunger Games are constant rewatches and for as much as I think MOS is a masterpiece, the HISHE for that is perfect.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

How it should have ended and Honest Trailers are a ton better than Cinema Sins. Those are my go-to parody vids.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I absolute love that we disagree on so much but still stay civil and have fun. Personally I love hearing different points of few and explanations other than "This is garbage, Snyder is a hack".

24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

It probably comes down to Honest trailers being three to five minutes and Cinema Sins usually pushing twenty from what I've seen. Just feels like too much to get through. Honest trailers are almost always pretty funny.

25. Greg

I like HISHE, Honest Trailers, Cinema Sins, and Half in the Bag. They all offer a different take.

20 minutes is nothing. I don't get why that would be hard to "get through". I mean the movie, in this case was 2 1/2 hours, in theaters. Average podcasts are an hour. Although, a favorite of mine, You Made It Weird can push 3 hours and it doesn't bother me.