Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder, March 25th, 2016) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Also, this is pretty awesome.

2. I remember seeing Superman Returns in theaters when I was like 12 and thinking it was one of the worst movies I had ever seen

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha I was so excited about a new Superman movie, that I went to the midnight showing for that one... Talk about being disappointed.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. I bought the book and read it before the movie came out and was like "uh oh."

Eric Wilson likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't read the book, but just for the movie itself, definitely didn't seem like the right direction for DC to take with it.

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Jesse Eisenberg always seems like a good dude.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Picked up the core Justice League pops at Walmart. They didn't have any of the green ones left, but that's okay.

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So ready. Gal Gadot is going to be fantastic.

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Equally nervous and excited for this.

11. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Excited for Wonder Woman, nervous about everything else

12. Meerkat

Think I'm gonna see the 9:30 AM showing on Friday morning. I'm not sure I'm that excited that I need to see it ASAP, but I know there are going to be a lot of great write-ups and meta and I want to get in on that instead of book marking and saving things without being spoiled

13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Birth.Movies.Death. is doing really nice magazine releases for a bunch of big franchises, full of essays and writing and art on stuff like Star Wars and Batman/Superman.

You can read more about it/buy it here.

I missed out on the Star Wars one but my Batman/Superman issue should arrive Monday. And I know it mentions a piece on the history of Wonder Woman, but I read Wonder Woman: Unbound two years ago and that was a really fascinating read at the strange history of William Marston, the creator of Wonder Woman, and how Wonder Woman evolved throughout the years. Along with Grant Morrison's Supergods, one of my favorite books about comic books I've ever read.

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting that and the pint glasses when I go to Alamo Drafthouse next week.

Nathan likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Finally watched MoS. Ehhhhhh

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I'm so sorry.

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah couple more days to get that rewatch in

18. I can't wait to rewatch that with my fiance and roommate

19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

As of right now i am set to go to a screening tonight. If I post anything it will be behind spoiler tags. But I will probably leave all details unsaid until it actually comes out.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Yep pretty much. No way BvS won't be better.

21. Just let us know what you think! Initial reactions have seemed surprisingly positive.

22. Meerkat

Snyder said Grant Gustin's Barry Allen isn't the Cinematic Universe's Barry Allen because the tone doesn't fit what he's looking to do

23. Colby Searcy

Definitely seems like the casting of Ezra Miller implies it's gonna be quite a bit different. Probably darker too

24. Meerkat

For sure. I love Ezra Miller. And I'm really excited that he gets to be a superhero. I just wish I had more faith in Snyder's vision

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I was rooting for combining the Arrowverse with the DCCU before I realized that I didn't want the latter polluting the former. Then Arrow plummeted in quality, so now that doesn't matter, lol.

I'd like to see a crossover between the two versions of Flash via multiverse. The show has set the groundwork for literally any two DC live-action worlds colliding if the people behind the scenes deem it worthy.