Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder, March 25th, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Nothing interesting about the Killing Joke, that's a bit harsh.

Sure it's overrated, but it's hard to deny its influence, certainly impacted the tone of most batman books to come after it.

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Figured I'd post a picture of my "Bat Family" books. Definitely want to pick up a lot more, but I got most of the classics so far.

[​IMG]

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Makes me wanna go read so many of these again. Haven't done a Dark Victory / Hush run in a while. Dammnnn

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The ending of The Killing Joke is great. The amusement park, the Joker's monologue, the joke. Just great.

Don't like what happens to Barbara of course

DeviantRogue likes this.
  5. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I 100% get why people didn't like what happened to Barbara but I felt her run as Oracle redeemed that plot point a bit.

Also one of my favorite books just to look at, just beautiful color work.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm glad they've gone back to portraying Babs as a really intelligent girl. I love love love Simone's run, but you don't see much of what made Babs great as Oracle.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like advanced sales in tickets are doing really well.

8. Good for it. I hope it's a huge hit.

Did that dude that reported WB was super worried and all that stuff ever admit he was wrong?

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I really wish we could get just theater viewer numbers instead of standard, 3D, and IMAX $$ figures. It just doesn't seem to do the numbers real justice.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I never saw anything about him backtracking, but I do remember reading those "reports" about them being worried about how the film is going to perform.

I'm hoping it's a huge hit also. I know a few comments here and there on the Internet doesn't necessarily represent everyone, but just seems like I've seen more negative than positive press when it comes to this movie. Hoping the numbers are huge.

11. There's no accountability in journalism these days. Things just thrown out there all over the place.

12. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I have a question, and keep in mind my only Superman knowledge is from the animated series, but is Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex Luthor accurate? I don't ever remember Lex being THAT eccentric in anything I've seen. It's almost as if he's trying to play a weird version of The Joker.

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

This really does seem to be the case in so many instances now. It's pretty sad.

14. Sports is really bad too. And tech rumors. And probably music news. :crylaugh:

Eric Wilson likes this.
  15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha... Music news... :crylaugh: But yeah always see that a lot with tech rumors for sure.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Let's start a rumor that Brand New has a new song on the Civil War soundtrack.

Perfect storm.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Does there really need to be accountability for rumors that hold no consequence?

'I read Scorpion is the bad guy in the new Spidey movie.'
    'No he isn't.'
    'Okay'

18. "OK, I Believe you But My War Machine Doesn't"

iplaydrums likes this.
  19. Tim

"Good To Know That If I Ever Need Attention, All I Have To Do Is Kill A Character"

iplaydrums likes this.
  20. Quicksilver say whattttt.

21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Me v Superman v Doomsday

22. Tim

There was a theory that he's gonna die in Apocalypse, and I hope it's true 'cause that'd be hilarious.

23. I hope they do it in a better way if he is, but I also hope they don't because I liked him in DOFP.

24. Tim

"The Bane Words That No One Ever Knows"

Eric Wilson and Jason Tate like this.
  25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha I honestly don't remember much from Superman Returns at all, so I don't remember how Kevin Spacey portrayed Lex in that one. Here is a write-up that explains this version of Lex a bit.

stnewton likes this.