Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batman: The Animated Series TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Batman: The Animated Series is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman. It was developed by Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, it originally aired on FOX from September 5, 1992 to September 15, 1995 with a total of 85 episodes. During its second season, the series was given the on-screen title The Adventures of Batman & Robin.

2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yo shoutout to @Jason Tate for already having a Batman TAS thread right on.

Still my favorite animated show and possibly favorite show of all time. The dark gothic animation, the characters, the god damn music, it's all sublime. I love how complex and interesting every episode is, coupled with the finest rogues gallery in all of comic history. Even the fucking lesser villains like Mad Hatter and Clayface get their proper dues in this show. The Batman mythology has always been the most interesting part of the DC universe, all of his allies and enemies and the world they inhabit. Even Batman Beyond is pretty damn exceptional.

RyanPm40 and Kaduck like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Mad Hatter had some of my favorite episodes. Ventriloquist was great too.

4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yes! Ventriloquist was really great. I loved the ambiguity of "is the dummy alive and forcing this guy to control him?" Or "is the guy so insane and suffering from a personality disorder that manifests itself in this dummy?"

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The newest iteration of ventriloquist is amazing.

[​IMG]

6. Emokid79

Regular

Hands down the greatest comic book cartoon ever. I really feel that this cartoon introduced an entire generation to Batman. It is my late night go to cartoon.

Davjs likes this.
  7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Think I'm gonna do a re-watch of this soon. I haven't watched it since it originally aired.

8. Davjs

Trusted

My 3 year old just learned to say Batman. Can't wait to go through the DCAU series with him from this through JLU.

Trotsky and Colby Searcy like this.
  9. Colby Searcy

That's my plan too but mine's only 1 year and about the only things he'll sit and watch are Mickey Mouse and Seasame Street

10. Slowly working my way through Volume 1. I can't get over how good the music is in this.

"Beware the Gray Ghost" is one of my favorite episodes. Love having a hero that Batman/Bruce looked up to as a kid and seeing him help that guy later in life. Also Adam West.

Nyquist likes this.
  11. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Same here! My son looooooooooves Elmo right now. Every time the "Letter of the Day" song comes on he immediately stops whatever he's doing and crawls over to sit and dance in front of the TV.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

I'm lucky to have mine into Paw Patrol which isn't too bad compared to some of the other kid shows on. I have all of the DCAU, pokemon and Xmen cartoons on DVD to show him when the time is right ☺

Colby Searcy and Nyquist like this.
  13. Colby Searcy

Yep, Elmo and the "The Hot Dog Song" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Every damn time he hears it he drops everything and just is mesmerized.

Can't wait to get to show him this and other cartoons that I grew up with.

14. Nyquist

Me toooooooo! I also have the complete Animaniacs, Tale Spin and Duck Tales (save for the last volume of episodes they have yet to release and seemingly never will - DAMN YOU DISNEY).

15. Nyquist

Oh and I also bought a complete series DVD of Mighty Max that someone online just made on their own since that will apparently never be officially released either.

bradsonemanband and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. Colby Searcy

God I loved that show!

Davjs likes this.
  17. Nyquist

So great!

"Fowl, actually."

I still get emotional over the ending!

18. Don't remember watching Mighty Max, but the toys were awesome.

19. Nyquist

I had a ton of the Mighty Max sets. Dragon Island was my favorite one. One day I brought it to school and this kid named Jeremy kept touching it and by the end of the day the little orange Dragon figure was missing and I never saw it again.

I know it was you, Jeremy.

I know it.

Colby Searcy and Joe like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

The last ep with Norman scarred me for life. Even though it's all reckoned at the end.

Nyquist likes this.
  21. Nyquist

Oh god the spider. THE SPIDER. Young, impressionable me had that image in my head for a very long time.

22. Colby Searcy

So watched about 20 episodes or so and started thinking about Veronica Mars for some reason and decided to start rewatching that for the 4th time instead

Henry likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I miss this show. This and Batman Beyond.

24. Trotsky

Trusted

Greatest Animated Shows of All-Time

1. Gargoyles
    2. Batman: the Animated Series
    3. Beast Wars
    4. King of the Hill
    5. Superman: the Animated Series

TedSchmosby and Colby Searcy like this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

1. South Park